Chapala.com Webboard

how much is the regular carretera bus?

I believe it's 8 pesos and runs every 15 minutes.  But sometimes there will be two buses together and then not another for awhile.  Be sure to catch the bigger bus as it stays in the carretera rather than the smaller buses which go down through the villages and adds to your travel time.

I think it is 8p anywhere from Villa Nova to Chapala.  Bus stop east bound is up the hill a bit from the east Villa Nova entrance, west bound the bus drops off at the west entrance to Villa Niva

I need to work on my accent.  I was picked up near Danza del Sol, told the driver in my lousy Spanish "how much to Maskaras Clinica" and he said 18 pesos.

"Wow", I thought.  Kind of pricey for people who ride the bus every day to bust ### for 40 pesos an hour.

Then as I explained more where I needed to go (Riberas del Pilar - should have started with that) he said "OH! I thought you said Mezcala (sp?) which is an hour away."

And he kept my change. But he was nice, dropped me off where I needed to go, spoke in English, and I figured he needed the extra pesos more than me, so I didn't argue.

Just put in between 4 and 8 pesos and let them tell you it is not correct, just do not ask, let them tell you you are wrong..if it is 8 or 9 o chapala and you are over 60, 4.50 should be the price anyways.. put in change and let them tell you it is wrong, ther is no fine anyways..

Archived