Chapala.com Webboard

Octavio Paz Primary School

A very nice and hardworking Mexican parents from Ajijic, who are dear friends of mine,  are  frustrated with the public school system at the Saul Rodiles Pina Primary School on Hidalgo St. where their only child just finished third grade this month. They think that with so many students in a class, plus some teacher and administrative issues, their kid is not getting the best out of the system academically.  They now plan to transfer the kid this August to Octavio Paz Primary School...a private school here in Ajijic. They are aware that it's more expensive but they don't mind shelling out more for kid's good education.  I am a witness to how hard this couple works ( 2 day jobs and a small business) to give their only child the best that they possibly could. They were asking  me for my opinion about  Octavio Paz Primary School but I have nothing to offer so I thought I'd come here hoping anyone out there might have some first hand  experience and/or feedbacks regarding this school.  It will be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

PS: I get to help the kid's school math homework (among others) occasionally and it looks like Common Core had reached Ajijic school sytem too :(

Having had group experiences with several local schools a few years back, I found the students from Octavio Paz to be the best behaved, most polite and well spoken students, when compared to all of the others from the area.  They seemed more mature and much more likely to succeed.  Certain other private schools seemed to be raising brats and future failures, while charging high tuition for the privilege.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:34 PM, Natasha said:

Would have thought this would get more attention if posted in Ajijic forum.......?

Is there an Ajijic forum separate from this one?  This one is Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara.

Archived