Chapala.com Webboard

Car Rental

After a recent accident, I had to rent a car.  So I have done your research for you.  I peronally would only go to Leti at Linea Profesional Rent A Car which is next to Multiva on the mountain side of the carretera (information below). You will find her rates very reasonable and her cars in excellent condition.  Her office manager is David and they are both very helpful and her cars are the most reasonable around and usually only a year or two old.  When you rent for an extended period of time she gives you a hefty discount.  For instance, if you rent for a month, she only charges you for 3 weeks. They will rent a car for only 12,000 pesos a month on contract.  In today's terms, that is a great deal and includes insurance, etc.

Lic. Ana Leticia Vera Castaneda (she is also a lawyer)

Carretera Ote, 33 C, Ajijic

(376) 766-2555 (telephone)

045-333 667 1066 (cell)

letivera@laguna.com.mx

Buena suerte -- you can't go wrong with Leti.  From my personal experience.

If you are going to pay 12,000 pesos a month and will be here for four or five months, you might consider buying an older Mexican plated vehicle for that 48-60,000 pesos and selling it for close to what you paid for it when you leave. Insurance on it for six months would be much less than US, not sure about Canada.

On July 15, 2016 at 0:10 PM, RVGRINGO said:

A tourist may not be able to register a car.......It could depend upon the state.

More mis information 

You  can register a Mexican plated vehicle if you have a passport tourist visa and something to show your address such as a Telmex bill, a CFE bill or a lease.

Archived