Chapala.com Webboard

Applying for TR and receiving PR

Sonia

Applying for Temporary Resident Visa and Getting Permanent Resident Pre-approval

Three times including yesterday, I have seen applicants apply at a consulate for a Temporary Resident pre-approval and receive a Permanent Resident pre-approval at a consulate. All 3 have foreign plated cars. PLEASE double check what pre-approval the staff stamps in your passport before leaving the consulate. As a PR you will only receive a 30 day car permit which can not be extended. This person had indicated on question 21 LENGTH OF STAY on application form: more than 180 days and less than 4 years. This I conformed after he completed the form in my presence.  

The person had sent me a photo while at their hotel last night and preparing to leave Laredo this morning. I noticed the error. This morning back to Laredo MX consulate. Consulate staff were very helpful, cancelled the PR pre-approval and he was issued a new pre-approved TR visa.

Please check.

best

Sonia

• 2 weeks later...

Is it true that if you obtain a Residente Temporal lucrativa(work permit), that you can no longer drive your foreign plated car ? I read it somewhere and I'm trying to verify. 

13 hours ago, virgogirl said:

Is it true that if you obtain a Residente Temporal lucrativa(work permit), that you can no longer drive your foreign plated car ? I read it somewhere and I'm trying to verify. 

It was the policy for about a couple of years or less to not allow RTs with a work permit to drive foreign plated vehicles with a TIP but Sonia said they no longer follow that policy and a foreigner with any RT can keep their TIP valid. The Bajercito website on applying for a TIP states the same thing as Sonia but not clearly as there is no mention of RT visas with work permits only RT visas.

TR with work permission may have foreign plated cars.  There was a period where aduana was saying TR and TR with work permission wasnt the same but they have relented and now agree they are the same and the right to driver foreign plated car. 

I am so happy to hear that Spencer. Could you PM me to give me a ballpark figure of how much it woulod cost for you to check what's on the system over and uncancelled TIP I sold on carta responsiva at the lake in 2013? I have a new passport now as the other expired, so I am being told that I can import another vehicle when I come across at Laredo in October. Right now I am feeling very comfortable that I can get in, but I sure hate to get down there, and find out differently. I am choosing to go thru Laredo because it seems to be closest to lakeside for return trips in case I don't easy get a Residential right away.

Carta responsiva doesnt do anything and is only as good as the solvency of person signing and will not get a car out of your name nor release you from criminal and administrative liability, here is the site to enter your data to check aduanas system:

https://portalsat.plataforma.sat.gob.mx/aduanas_cpitv_internet/index.aspx

I checked the system and the old import was not under the old passport or the new one. I had entered at Columbus/Palomas 2011 January and I think I am feeling like I am going to be Ok.

Thanks, Spencer, for the link for checking this out.

Also I just pulled out the carta responsiva out of my files and this is what it says

"The purchaser states that he/she is satisfied and the vehicle complies with the vehicle described above, accepting from this date, any future civil, criminal, or traffic issues related to the purchased vehicle."

So it sounds to me like at least having done this paperwork properly releases you from liability. 

I'm not too worried about it since it has been 3 years and TIP not showing up on system.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesnt release you from liability and is only an indemnity agreement which is only as good as the solvency of the signor. 

This is sort of true, but not what many Mexicans are doing. It is important when you take out insurance, especially liability only insurance, that you insure the driver - not the vehicle. If I were in an accident as the driver, a claimant would have to deal with my insurance company and not to try to recover from the vehicle, whoever it belongs to. Likewise if someone dug my name from a sold vehicle. This insurance costs a little more, but it is well worth it. If you expect a lot of other people to be driving your car, then maybe it makes sense to insure the vehicle. I think a better strategy is to ask that anybody who wants to drive your vehicle carries liability insurance for the named driver only.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 9:21 PM, Sonia said:

Applying for Temporary Resident Visa and Getting Permanent Resident Pre-approval

Three times including yesterday, I have seen applicants apply at a consulate for a Temporary Resident pre-approval and receive a Permanent Resident pre-approval at a consulate. All 3 have foreign plated cars. PLEASE double check what pre-approval the staff stamps in your passport before leaving the consulate. As a PR you will only receive a 30 day car permit which can not be extended. This person had indicated on question 21 LENGTH OF STAY on application form: more than 180 days and less than 4 years. This I conformed after he completed the form in my presence.  

The person had sent me a photo while at their hotel last night and preparing to leave Laredo this morning. I noticed the error. This morning back to Laredo MX consulate. Consulate staff were very helpful, cancelled the PR pre-approval and he was issued a new pre-approved TR visa.

Please check.

best

Sonia

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByzIMoBRTFBua1FxaXdoWG50QVU/view?pref=2&pli=1

Did they not put a mark in the correct box - Residencia Temporal  on their application form they filled out to take to the Mexican Consulate? Did they put a mark in the box Residencia Permanente instead?

10 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByzIMoBRTFBua1FxaXdoWG50QVU/view?pref=2&pli=1

Did they not put a mark in the correct box - Residencia Temporal  on their application form they filled out to take to the Mexican Consulate? Did they put a mark in the box Residencia Permanente instead?

Yes they did on question 21. But with high financials consulate thought doing them a favor. And on my website: http://www.soniadiaz.mx/immigration---visas.html

Archived