Chapala.com Webboard

Oscar, Chapala upholsterer, contact number?

Lexy

I did a search on this forum but did not find Oscar the upholsterer's contact info. Does anyone have it? Is he still in business?

There was also an upholsterer I thought was very good out toward Villa Nova on the right hand side on road going west. His workshop sits back behind a private house. Anyone know his name and number? I lost it sometime ago.

Thanks for help, as usual.

Lexy

4 minutes ago, Lexy said:

I did a search on this forum but did not find Oscar the upholsterer's contact info. Does anyone have it? Is he still in business?

There was also an upholsterer I thought was very good out toward Villa Nova on the right hand side on road going west. His workshop sits back behind a private house. Anyone know his name and number? I lost it sometime ago.

Thanks for help, as usual.

Lexy

Oscar Upholstery

765-2366 work

• 2 years later...

I just visited Oscar's shop.  Getting there was an adventure (an unwanted one).  There is NO sign.  His address is Gonzalez Gallo #16.  As of today, the front is a light blue color.  It is directly across from Flavio Romero (street) which ends at Gonzalez Gallo.  Gonzalez Gallo is the same street on which you will find the Red Cross (Cruz Roja), so an easy way to get there from Ajijic, San Antonio and Riberas is to turn right at the fountain as you enter Chapala, then turn left on the street that runs above the Malecon.  Turn left on Gonzalez Gallo and follow it to #16, which is past the park and before the Train Station and Roundabout.  #16 is on the lakeside.  Oscar is backed up with work but can do cushions faster than upholstery right now.  Apparently, he lost an assistant and is doing it all on his own at the moment.  The number 765 2366 is correct but he will answer only during working hours: 10-2 and 4-6 weekdays.  You also can try his cell 331 154 9270 but you should try that during working hours as well.  A man has to have some family time.

Archived