Chapala.com Webboard

Mobile App check deposit banking - anyone using?

HAs anyone figured out how to use the mobile app for check deposit into a US based bank.  We expect paper checks for the next couple of years and need to figure a way to deposit them short of sending them back to the US once they arrive here.  Would an anonymizer on the device work?  Yeah, PIA.

Take a photo of the front and back of endorsed check, I go to the "deposit" part of my account online, select upload photo, do so, and a couple of minutes later I get an email telling me I have successfully made a deposit.

I use a scanner and Ally bank and do it all the time.

Ally doesn't charge for deposits or bill pay.

If you have someone in the states that can make deposits for you, it will be faster by at least a week.  It adds at least a week if you have a US mail forwarder and if you send MX mail, good luck.

Also, be advised that MX has started looking at checks at least occasionally.  I got several checks that had been opened and resealed 

Have Bank of America and have their mobil app. Works great, the funds are available the next day. I use to be able to do it without hiding my IP address. Now they won't let you use the app from Mexico. I just turn on VPN. 

I did not know I could do this via my BOA account--thanks for the info, I will try it today. I was about to mail my son a US check for deposit (someone here gave me a US check for something) (my son is on my US acct.). This would take about 2 weeks--one week to reach my son's home mailbox and one week for him to get around to depositing the check;) 

14 hours ago, solajijic said:

HAs anyone figured out how to use the mobile app for check deposit into a US based bank.  We expect paper checks for the next couple of years and need to figure a way to deposit them short of sending them back to the US once they arrive here.  Would an anonymizer on the device work?  Yeah, PIA.

Could not the person paying you by check do a transfer from their US account to your US account? This is easy. Immediate funds.

Archived