Chapala.com Webboard

CT Scans

Zeb

Any recommendations as to where to get CT scans at a reasonable rate? Doctor gave us two suggestions CID & Banuelos in Guad.  She said Chopo often missed things, so we also want the results to be reliable.  I don't what would be considered fair cost versus expensive.

I hat a CT scan on my lungs back in May at Tolsa labs on Enrique Diaz de Leon Sur near Ninoes Heroes. I think the total cost was $4,400 pesos less a $500 peso discount when using an INAPAM card. I used some Bancomer credit card points so the out of pocket was $2,500 pesos. 

We went and had a late lunch at a restaurant and came back about 90 minutes later to pick up the slides and DVD with the images.

Prices could vary depending on how much of the body is to be scanned.

Dr Peralta at Quality Care read the images and did not have any problems with them.

1 hour ago, John Shrall said:

I hat a CT scan on my lungs back in May at Tolsa labs on Enrique Diaz de Leon Sur near Ninoes Heroes. I think the total cost was $4,400 pesos less a $500 peso discount when using an INAPAM card. I used some Bancomer credit card points so the out of pocket was $2,500 pesos. 

We went and had a late lunch at a restaurant and came back about 90 minutes later to pick up the slides and DVD with the images.

Prices could vary depending on how much of the body is to be scanned.

Dr Peralta at Quality Care read the images and did not have any problems with them.

Contact phone numbers if you have them?  Anyone there speak English so I can make the call?

Your doctor can write up the instructions since CAT scans and MRIs are targeted. No English at Tolsa but the number is 3825-7500. You should have an appointment which your doctor can arrange. Dr Leon made my appointment and gave me the approximate cost.

I've had 3 CT scans at Tolsa, excellent equipment and doctors, and they give me a written report to take with me as well as the films.  A CAT scan in Spanish is called a "TAC".  I've never had to make an appointment, longest wait was maybe 15 minutes.

You get a 10% discount with an INAPAM card.  Here's what I've paid this year:

2,610 chest CAT scan at Tolsa (10% discount for INAPAM)
           4,120  CAT Scan of liver looking for cyst

While we were there, my husband took advantage of their 1,050 peso package of blood, urine, PSA and electrocardiogram tests.

http://www.laboratoriotolsa.com/

López Mateos:
(RX Sonografía Laboratorio)
Av. López Mateos Norte No.567 Esq. Manuel Acuña
Guadalajara Jal. México.

Horario:

Lunes a Viernes 7:30AM a 7:00PM

Sabados 7:30AM a 2:00PM

Contamos con Estacionamiento en Plaza Tolsa en Av. Niños Heroes No.1555

http://www.laboratoriotolsa.com/mapa/mapa.pdf

On 7/8/2016 at 7:36 PM, John Shrall said:

Your doctor can write up the instructions since CAT scans and MRIs are targeted. No English at Tolsa but the number is 3825-7500. You should have an appointment which your doctor can arrange. Dr Leon made my appointment and gave me the approximate cost.

I've always found an English speaker at Tolsa!

Archived