Chapala.com Webboard

No.... but I took my Virginia (mini Schnauzer) 3 times to Europe (travelling through the US) and there is a lot to talk about..... special documents (for Europe), etc ....  too much to write down (experiences, requirements, airlines ....).  If you stop by in Chapala, I am willing to share the info.  

By the way, in 10 years, not one vet here knew the right info (even an animal hospital in Guadalajara had it completely wrong).  

In 2006, because of their misinformation, I had to let my flight from DF to Paris leave without me and I lost the ticket (stuck at the airport with my dog).  Costed me a fortune.

Very different set of documents (to download from the internet) for Europe.

Elbelgicano@yahoo.com

Rony

That is..horrible.  The EU in 2014 changed the rules, requiring a form Annex IV be signed by a  US vet that the dog is microchipped, has rabies vaccination, is healthy, etc.  THEN, you must schelp to the nearest USDA office and have the endorse it.

Then there is an APHIS form your US vet must also fill out and also  you must get that endorsed.  And all that certification cannot be more than 5 days prior to travel.

I paid to d/l all the US to EU forms from a special pet travel site, and visited about 3 different sites to ensure the rules are consistent.  Its a heap of information since the 2014 change. Prior to that, it was likely worse, with each country having its own random set of rules, plus the airline's rules, then the airport's rules.  I'm sorry you had such a nightmare.

Could you tell me what year you traveled if it was later than 2014 (when new laws took effect)? I am spending a fortune as it is to stay 5 days in FL (during which I need to do the vet/USDA office) and I then using Iberia Airlines to France. I have a 4 hour transit in Madrid, where I was told I MUST collect my dog.  I am terrified that Iberia rep was wrong and they will leave her in a non-climate controlled cargo hold and not let me access her.

I'll send you an email - would love to get all your info. Am traveling to France very soon.

1 hour ago, ADVRiding said:

That is..horrible.  The EU in 2014 changed the rules, requiring a form Annex IV be signed by a  US vet that the dog is microchipped, has rabies vaccination, is healthy, etc.  THEN, you must schelp to the nearest USDA office and have the endorse it.

Then there is an APHIS form your US vet must also fill out and also  you must get that endorsed.  And all that certification cannot be more than 5 days prior to travel.

I paid to d/l all the US to EU forms from a special pet travel site, and visited about 3 different sites to ensure the rules are consistent.  Its a heap of information since the 2014 change. Prior to that, it was likely worse, with each country having its own random set of rules, plus the airline's rules, then the airport's rules.  I'm sorry you had such a nightmare.

Could you tell me what year you traveled if it was later than 2014 (when new laws took effect)? I am spending a fortune as it is to stay 5 days in FL (during which I need to do the vet/USDA office) and I then using Iberia Airlines to France. I have a 4 hour transit in Madrid, where I was told I MUST collect my dog.  I am terrified that Iberia rep was wrong and they will leave her in a non-climate controlled cargo hold and not let me access her.

I'll send you an email - would love to get all your info. Am traveling to France very soon.

Oh dear...   I travelled in 2006, 2012 and 2015 .... I dont know where to start.  You better make that trip to Chapala.

Rony

Very well.  Very busy making chocolate, but for this I will make some time.

Archived