Chapala.com Webboard

Fire at dry cleaners

We were next door to it on Monday morning and it looked quite extensive.  Didn't look like much survived inside. Luckily no one was hurt as it was the middle of the night.  The business next door said they believed that they had insurance, so hopefully they'll be able to recover and reopen.

I had a friend who lost 7 items in the fire along with everyone else's clothing that was there for cleaning and ironing. She had to take a copy of the receipt, and for each item fill out their form asking for a description: color, size, label if you know it,  where you bought it, price.  The form asks for your contact info as well.  They told her she'd have cash reimbursement in 2 weeks (from the 5th). 

There is a reliable place on Gonzalez Gallo in San Antonio. Turn down towards the lake between iShop Mail, and the hardware store. G. Gallo is the first street east of the lights at Superlake. The place is about 3/4 of a block down towards the lake.

39 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

There is a reliable place on Gonzalez Gallo in San Antonio. Turn down towards the lake between iShop Mail, and the hardware store. G. Gallo is the first street east of the lights at Superlake. The place is about 3/4 of a block down towards the lake.

I've used them with satisfactory results.  They also do dying....something Expert Cleaners doesn't do.  Only one complaint:  sometimes your order isn't done on the due date, so it's best to expect that possibility when you drop things off.

2 hours ago, Floradude said:

Has anyone heard if they are planning on re-opening?

Meanwhile any other similar places (especially ironing) around the area?

If you are in Ajijic I know a women who irons at your house and might be wanting more work.  There is also an organized  group of women in San Antonio who iron but you must drop off the items to them.  I do not know how to reach them other than to wander the street and ask the ladies walking.  ITs been a while but I know hear that they are still working. 

Archived