Chapala.com Webboard

Can someone ID this Shaw/dish part please?

Could someone ID this part and a brief description of what it does? I purchased it when my Shaw cable stopped working. Its a part that was installed right in the center of the dish itself and got things working fine again.  I'd like to sell it as I have no use for it as I no longer use any cable, but without knowing its name/what it does, I'm a bit lost. Any help is appreciated.

Annddd...the image didn't load. I'll try again, but until then, click here for a photo of the part: http://imgur.com/a/HHo5r

It is more than just a rain cover.  I recently had to replace a LNB because insects got into the exposed feed horn and decided to build a house in there. Reception degraded to the point where the LNB would no longer function. 

Thanks to everyone - what a wealth if info. I have a buyer right now, but if it falls through and anyone is interested, please PM me.

As for the model number:  aside from "Sat A" and "Sat B" (obviously not the model #) the only other code I see is "75E" etched in.  Along with a very long serial number.  Hope that helps.

75E is the part number identifying that this LNB is the correct one for the larger sized satellite dish we need to use here. I'm going to the roof and see what mine says I will be back in a few and let you know what I see.

Yes, just like you said about all I could find short of a very small sized many number serial or unit number all I could see cut into the light colored LNB cover was E75 and above the two LNBs was Sat A on one and SAT B on the other. And, oh the 75E satellite dish is of course elliptical and measures about 36 inches wide by 26 inches tall.

I can add a few things: one, the picture clearly shows the plastic cap is in fine shape. Two, since we can't get the newer bird that Shaw is using anywhere outside Canada, it's a moot point as to its age or part number. That particular model works just fine with any Shaw box, old or new. And so Three: again, it doesn't matter what age it is: if it works, it works.

Shaw needs to know which LNB you have or your box won't work.  I had a dual sat LNB which was configured as a triple LNB by accident and it only worked on a few stations.  Changing the Shaw configuration from triple to dual fixed the problem.  Thats why I want to know how to tell the difference between the two. It doesn't matter whether we can get the third bird or not but it does need to be configured correctly at the shaw end trust me.  It took a while to figure the problem out.

2 hours ago, johanson said:

75E is the part number identifying that this LNB is the correct one for the larger sized satellite dish we need to use here. I'm going to the roof and see what mine says I will be back in a few and let you know what I see.

Yes, just like you said about all I could find short of a very small sized many number serial or unit number all I could see cut into the light colored LNB cover was E75 and above the two LNBs was Sat A on one and SAT B on the other. And, oh the 75E satellite dish is of course elliptical and measures about 36 inches wide by 26 inches tall.

Thanks for schlepping up on the roof, and for the very useful info. Very much appreciate it.

ComputerGuy, I also appreciate the help.

2 hours ago, lcscats said:

Shaw needs to know which LNB you have or your box won't work.  I had a dual sat LNB which was configured as a triple LNB by accident and it only worked on a few stations.  Changing the Shaw configuration from triple to dual fixed the problem.  Thats why I want to know how to tell the difference between the two. It doesn't matter whether we can get the third bird or not but it does need to be configured correctly at the shaw end trust me.  It took a while to figure the problem out.

Well, sure, but maybe my sin here is simply familiarity. Since we're in Mexico, there is only one choice, because we can't get that third bird. And the configuration relates to the receiver.

Archived