Chapala.com Webboard

Mescala Island

Ms. Chillin told me the other day "You are looking like a Greek God". Well I have lost weight, so I sucked my gut in and said "Which one - Atlas, Zeus, Neptune?" "No" she said "Dominos -the Greek God of pizza!"

Armando -a local taxi driver who does tours and is a history buff. Fully bilingual and a very nice personality and a careful driver.

cell 045 - 333-104-4863

Victor does a lovely day trip to Mezcala including stops for some local treats.  The best way to contact him is by cell  045-331-572-5175.  The last time I talked to him, he could only go on Sunday because of his day job.  His English is excellent.

When I went a couple of years ago, the guide who met us at the historical museum and took us to the island was Exciquio Santiago and the cell phone number at that time was 333-184-7952. He is the best authority on the history of the island, which is quite interesting. At that time he was charging 30 p per person plus the cost of the boat. The drive there is easy and the road is good. Do wear comfortable walking shoes and avoid windy days when the waves are high (and wet).

We did the tour with Exciquio and he was excellent.  At that time you went to the little museum in town before 10AM and he was there and would arrange a boat to go out.  He did a walking tour and gave a great talk on the history of the place.

On 7/1/2016 at 0:29 PM, desafinada said:

Victor does a lovely day trip to Mezcala including stops for some local treats.  The best way to contact him is by cell  045-331-572-5175.  The last time I talked to him, he could only go on Sunday because of his day job.  His English is excellent.

Victor gives amazing tours.  I have gone to Mezcala with him twice; he knows his history and is a wonderful man.

Archived