Chapala.com Webboard

CFE in Chapala

Earl

Hola, the offices are open weekdays starting at 8:15 am. But you can pay your bills 24 / 7 using the machines...

Take your bill go into the two ATM like machines to the right of the front door.   Let machine read bar code.  After you see your information put money into machine and it will give you change and a receipt to put with your bill.  Go slow its pretty obvious and does not require a high level of spanish.

Voila......but why don't we have one of these machines in Ajijic??

3 minutes ago, lcscats said:

Take your bill go into the two ATM like machines to the right of the front door.   Let machine read bar code.  After you see your information put money into machine and it will give you change and a receipt to put with your bill.  Go slow its pretty obvious and does not require a high level of spanish.

Voila......but why don't we have one of these machines in Ajijic??

There is usually a guard present that will assist you if you are not sure of the procedure.

You need a current bill to pay CFE charges at stores. However, any past bill with the bar code will work at the machines at the CFE office in Chapala. It will bring up your current account, regardless of the age of the bill in your hand. Or, you can simply enter your account number, name, etc., to access your account at the machine.

LCSCATS wonders why there is no machine in Ajijic.  Well, it is not the center of the universe, is it?  Ajijic is in the municipio de Chapala and the machine is centrally located, convenient to all.  There is a machine in Jocotopec‘s CFE office, too, if you are west of Ajijic and might find that one more convenient.

9 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

LCSCATS wonders why there is no machine in Ajijic.  Well, it is not the center of the universe, is it?  Ajijic is in the municipio de Chapala and the machine is centrally located, convenient to all.  There is a machine in Jocotopec‘s CFE office, too, if you are west of Ajijic and might find that one more convenient.

Thanks for your rude comment RVgringo and you are showing your true colors..  Chapala is hardly the center of lakeside physically so your argument sucks. Telmex gives Ajijic a machine and if you don't have the new barcode at the bottom of the CFE bill you can't use anything but the machine at CFE in Chapala.   Now I am a snob according to RVgringo because I don't want to drive to Chapala to pay a bill.   

RVGRINGO, since you haven't lived in Lakeside for about two years, how do you know that procedures and/or locations haven't changed as far as paying CFE bills?  I think that the OP would prefer to get information from someone who is actually still here, and still paying CFE bills.

Time for a coffee break?  :angry:  Come on now, you knew all that stuff too. It seems that CFE only has machines at its central municipal offices.  Maybe they have multiple locations in the big cities; I don‘t know.  Yes, Telmex does have an office in Ajijic, but it is also the only one in the municipio, as you know.  So, maybe the trade-off is equitable after all.

4 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

Time for a coffee break?  :angry:  Come on now, you knew all that stuff too. It seems that CFE only has machines at its central municipal offices.  Maybe they have multiple locations in the big cities; I don‘t know.  Yes, Telmex does have an office in Ajijic, but it is also the only one in the municipio, as you know.  So, maybe the trade-off is equitable after all.

You don't even live here go away and leave us alone here to make perfectly good comments without your words of non wisdom.  Can't you irritate someone local to you?

Come on guys, let's be nice. We all know that Seattle is the center of the world. After all we have Microsoft. Amazon, Boeing, you name it. All you have is a rainy day down there. All kidding aside, I can hardly wait to get back. I have only 23 Hrs until the plane leaves sunny Seattle, back to Lake Chapala :)

No fighting, no biting!

I used the machine at CFE and it was a piece of cake.  And I am definitely machine dumb.  It's also a piece of cake to take your CFE bill into WalMart and pay it there at no cost.  Ditto with your TelMex bill.

CFE gets my vote as one of the most improved services around here.  They are even managing to get the bill here reliably here, which was not always the case previously.

TelMex has improved steadily as well.  They've always been good at getting the bill here even when the phone didn't work. :)

Chapala is the "central city" of this municipio hence it doesn't surprise me CFE has their office there and has done so for a long time.  If you take your bill and pay it when you get it, that can be done a number of places.  And there's always the online option.

Nothing here to warrant sniping at each other about, folks.  

• 4 weeks later...

The reason the CFE machine rarely worked in Ajijic and was finally removed because it was a stand-alone in the hallway of Bugambillas Mall.  The kids played with it constantly and abused it and no  one stopped them.  The machine finally went out and never returned.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 1:45 PM, Mainecoons said:

CFE gets my vote as one of the most improved services around here.  They are even managing to get the bill here reliably here, which was not always the case previously..  

Mine, too. When you are at the bottom, there is only one direction to go. :D

CFE, una empressa de clase mundial !!!  :D

Archived