Chapala.com Webboard

Hosteria del Arte

tomgates

Six of us at comida today. Wonderful Italian Food. Perfect pasta dishes and best pizza I have had here Lakeside. West of town, mountainside immediate right after the first tope. Giovanni used to be at the Japanese garden. Great new chef former from one of the restaurants in the Racquet Club. 

I will add some more details. I had the spaghetti bolognese and it was as good or better than I make. Appetizers were crispy calamari with a couple dipping sauces and tuna carpaccio (sp?). Other pastas had were the ravioli with spinach and ricotta. The pizza was really thin crust and cooked perfectly in the wood fired pizza oven. 

No hills going west from Ajijic save for the one just west of Colon and Juarez. The first tope is west of the Pemex station on past La Huerte.

2 hours ago, MexSeekin said:

Thanks for sharing. 

Did you happen to notice if risotto was one of the menu offerings?  I would be ecstatic to find a place in the area that serves up a good risotto dish.

Sorry to say that they have no risotto dishes on their menu.  I would love that as well.  Next time I go there, I'll ask them if they might be able to add one to their menu!

The owners of Osteria del Arte are Rosalia and Stefano who, pre-retirement, operated a 300 seating restaurant in GDL.   Stefano brings wonderful recipes back from his frequent visits to his parents in Italy.   They are situated west of the multiple topes and across from the La Canacinta exit to the Lake.   Still waiting to have a meal there we don't like.   

My wife and I tried this last night.  There was one other table the owner was sitting at otherwise we had the whole restaurant.  There's good news plus a suggestion.  Both Linda's mustard chicken and my penne w/sausage were very tasy with a nod going to the mustard chicken.  The pasta was cooked perfectly but the sausage appeared to be about 1 tablespoon of ground meat.  Be prepared for no side dishes so if you order chicken, you'll receive it with a garnish.  That's it.  The next time we go we'll order a salad to be served with dinner.  We will be back though because our dinners were quite tasty.  

• 1 month later...

Archived