Chapala.com Webboard

What is local telmex number?

I found some more numbers;

Telmex
Carretera #113 in Ajijic, 
(376) 766-2131 or 2132

01 800 123 1114

Thanks Cedros.  Yes, when I looked on-line all I could find was the 01800.   Everytime I call that number thay are like what seems to be the problem, lets run another diagnostic.  We have had internet and telephone problems recently due to the rain.  The technicians finally came last week and told us that we need a new extension installed if we want to fix our problemita.  So, we ran to pay for the new extension in the office.  Now they seem to be late returning to fix the problem.  C'est la vie dans Mexique.  Asi es la vida en Mexico!

The way It was explained to me by the technician guy was that the cable with the telephone and infinitum internet that connects to the post outside our house and enters our property was old and we had altered it and rewired it too many times over the years. The techie recommended that we go to the office and pay for two new extensions of cable one for the front and the other for the back of the house, and let telmex install the new cable or extension so that it would be covered by the telmex guarantee and we would be assured to receive better and faster service with new wiring.  Honestly, I'm not a technological savy person and know very little about wires and cables, I leave that to my father, who is a ham radio operator to worry about that, I just translate the Spanish.  

Well, they promised that the new extension would be installed by Tuesday of this week, they never came, so we went by the office yesterday to complain.  Today, a different guy came by, he didn't have the work report from the guys of last week and he didn't have the work order number for the new extension.  He showed up clueless, he said there appears that there has has been some confusion in the office and finally said he would have to return tomorrow with another guy to help him hang the news cables.

Sounds like TelMex in days of yore. So the "extension" is, if I read correctly, a length of phone cable. If these are inside the house, then yes, you have to pay. If any of it is from the street to the house, you don't pay. It stops at the entrance to the house, and then is connected to more cable to wherever.

Archived