Chapala.com Webboard

Expat article about increased crime in Mexico

Guest bennie2

had one attempted home invasion. i didnt answer the bell which rang for 15 mins nonstop w/a 5 min pause then another 20 mins while the man was screaming in spanish. he sounded like a lunatic. i managed to see his pickup thru a window. (9am saturday about 7 years ago). the gate lock wasnt secured (appeared locked but wasnt), yet he just rang bell. my expat neighbor saw the whole thing. then i read about the exact same senario on chapalacrime.com. these folks opened their gate, i will skip the outcome. (scarey). moving along: the gas man returned the next day (after he had made the delivery, again on a saturday around 3pm, 6 yrs ago). i hear someone pulling on the lock&chain (grinding sound). when he saw me watching from the window he ran off in the truck. same neighbor witnessed this as well. both times she took the side of the criminal. there are more incidents, i think you get the point. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bennie2 said:

had one attempted home invasion. i didnt answer the bell which rang for 15 mins nonstop w/a 5 min pause then another 20 mins while the man was screaming in spanish. he sounded like a lunatic. i managed to see his pickup thru a window. (9am saturday about 7 years ago). the gate lock wasnt secured (appeared locked but wasnt), yet he just rang bell. my expat neighbor saw the whole thing. then i read about the exact same senario on chapalacrime.com. these folks opened their gate, i will skip the outcome. (scarey). moving along: the gas man returned the next day (after he had made the delivery, again on a saturday around 3pm, 6 yrs ago). i hear someone pulling on the lock&chain (grinding sound). when he saw me watching from the window he ran off in the truck. same neighbor witnessed this as well. both times she took the side of the criminal. there are more incidents, i think you get the point. 

The expat neighbor took the side of the criminal?   Why?

Guest bennie2

zeb, because most people are morxns. hello. she said the screamingbellringing man was proberly "selling something". (the bell was loudchimes which were outside on a pullchain, whole block heard the noise/ ranting- he sounded angry). when he did find someone (1-2 weeks later) to open their door (not difficult), he was armed. meanwhile she had 1 major robbery prior to my incident & 1 biggy after. (which ended up a circus pony drama). many details, so let it go. more stories but 2 are enough. they are useless @ best. the mexicans were ontop of things, they live in the real world.

On 6/25/2016 at 6:30 PM, Zeb said:

The expat neighbor took the side of the criminal?   Why?

Why? Well, how far back do you want to go?

On 6/24/2016 at 0:57 PM, bennie2 said:

...most pats are drunk senile demented deaf or give the burgular a coke.:rolleyes:

11 hours ago, bennie2 said:

zeb, because most people are morxns.

Archived