Chapala.com Webboard

Large Terra Cotta Pots

annied

In Riberas on the lake side east of The Animal Shelter pet store.  This shop brings in many items from Tonala and has a very small mark up.  I bought  a large frog pot in Tonala for 140 P  this store was selling the same pot for 160 P They have a good selection of large pots at reasonable prices.

55 minutes ago, Willie said:

The vivero behind the Ajijic Clinic has good prices on pots as well as plants.

Definitely this place has good prices on their pots and a good selection. Consistently amazed when I walk away with large pots for less than 100 pesos.

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/@20.3013735,-103.2594519,3a,75y,276.79h,78.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saVDmwmd1c2OGt7CSJl9HBQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Here´s a suggestion- because the large terracotta pots are impossibly heavy when filled with dirt, and almost always break when attempting to repot, it works really well to put your plant in a plastic pot, then drop it (carefully now) into the terracotta pot. You can even hide the rim of the plastic pot by placing attractive rocks on the surface of the soil.

I think it depends on your goal in placing the plant in a Terracotta pot.  If you want the benefit of aeration, then inserting that plastic pot defeats the purpose.  If not, then it does not matter.

I found large pots at a good price at Rancho de Oro vivero next to the new furniture/housewares store.  He doesn't have a large selection but the larger pots are reasonable.  He speaks great English if needed.   I also checked out the one behind Ajijic clinic and he has a large selection of sizes and was great for that odd shaped one I needed.  A bit more money.  Great selection  of plants.  He also sells the little dollies that you can put underneath for moving.

It has no sign yet, but is open.  Coming from Chapala it is on the right hand side opposite the "La Huerta" sign.  Rio Bravo and the caraterra.  It is a long light colored building.  No signage so my friend and I call it "Bed, Bath and Beyond" lol.

17 minutes ago, annied said:

It has no sign yet, but is open.  Coming from Chapala it is on the right hand side opposite the "La Huerta" sign.  Rio Bravo and the caraterra.  It is a long light colored building.  No signage so my friend and I call it "Bed, Bath and Beyond" lol.

It's where Giovanni used to be.

On June 21, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Willie said:

The vivero behind the Ajijic Clinic has good prices on pots as well as plants.

One of our favorite places as well. Have even bought a plant and a large pot there. Had them pot it and deliver to my house for a small fee. Nice people. Juan speaks English.

1 hour ago, Joyfull said:

One of our favorite places as well. Have even bought a plant and a large pot there. Had them pot it and deliver to my house for a small fee. Nice people. Juan speaks English.

The owners of that nursery, Vivero Azucena, are Eduardo and Jenobeba who are my neighbors. They are great people, and he is one of the funniest people I've ever met. I was once on a camping trip with them and he had 20 people around the campfire eating out of the palm of his hand, in stitches, laughing non-stop. I call him "Cantinflas". (Beba is no slouch in the humor department either.) Not sure if either speaks English, but I guess they have an employee who does. I'll happily let them know you all are saying nice things about them. It's a good nursery run by good people. :)

Archived