Chapala.com Webboard

Has anyone had a gazebo built?

Does anyone have experience having a gazebo built?  We're looking to have one built that's about 12' X 12'.  Costco has one in kit form using cedar for close to $1800us but I would like to think one could be built somewhat cheaper.  If you've had one built and are happy with the result, could you let me know who did the building?  Thanks. 

25 minutes ago, mhopkins2 said:

Does anyone have experience having a gazebo built?  We're looking to have one built that's about 12' X 12'.  Costco has one in kit form using cedar for close to $1800us but I would like to think one could be built somewhat cheaper.  If you've had one built and are happy with the result, could you let me know who did the building?  Thanks. 

Costco here [SLP, SLP] has a kit with aluminum and steel for about $29,000 pesos right now about the size you mention; hexigon and very nice. Our condo complex in San Diego has one.

http://costcocouple.com/octagonal-gazebo/

It took 2 guys 2 days to put it together, See above link for photos. Really well built and hold 15 chairs in a circle, for the gossip and smokers club.

As to your question that's a no for me.

However I did see one in Colima that appeared to have been made there at the "Clima" factory.     The factory makes wicker patio furnitue.  Located on the highway just past the first cut off into Colima and past the big yellow metal palm tree sculpture.

that said, there are a couple of options you may like to think about.    One is a Palapa much like the one a Lakeside Taco.   Locals built that one.   Obviously you would go smaller and have many options for thebottom.

the other would be to take a photo of the style you like and get a price from a local carpenter.  Many options to type of wood as you deam fit.

Archived