Chapala.com Webboard

US Notaries

Icscats,

Yes they still notarize Lakeside. My husband just had it done this past Wednesday. Thier website has a list of the dates.

I just got an app for my IPhone called "Notarize"  You upload a document, then connect face-to-face with a registered notary who witnesses your signature and notarizes your document. Apparently valid in 50 states. I haven't used it so you should check it out for yourselves if you are interested .... notarize.com ....    $25.00 US per each notarization. 

Be careful with Electronic Notaries.   Below is the rule regarding signings from the secretary of State of Oregon.  Note last sentence which makes the I phone app "Notarize" not legal in Oregon unless I am reading this wrong.  Either type of signing requires Physical Presence of the signer. Not sure the internet  counts as physical presence. Anyone know?? 

What's the difference between paper notarization and electronic notarization?

The major difference is that you use electronic means to affix your notarial stamp and signature to an electronic document. No paper is involved unless the document is later printed. Physical presence of the signer, identification and journal entries are required for both paper and electronic notarization.

Here is how Notary Cam does it at a cost of 79 dollars per signature below. Consulate is cheaper.

Yes!  We have successfully and legally notarized documents for people from all 50 states, as well as people overseas.

All our notaries are licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia, and are official representatives of the state. Although only notaries licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia are allowed to notarize documents online, Virginia explicitly gives its notaries the ability to notarize documents from people outside of Virginia.  In addition, the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the US Constitution requires each state respect the "public acts, records, and judicial proceedings of every other state."

Archived