Chapala.com Webboard

Costco Hearing Test

1 hour ago, desafinada said:

When you get your hearing tested at Costco, do they give you a copy of the results?  Its usually a graph showing the range of loss. 

Just a suggestion:  If you buy hearing aids from Costco and they need adjustment or repairs, they will probably be sent away and you'll be without them until the repairs are complete.

If you go to the audiologist, Polo Gonzalez, who has weekly office hours at LCS (membership not required) you can get a complete hearing test, buy hearing aids in various price ranges and when they need adjustment or repair, it will be done on the spot.  Very competent man, qualified in all aspects of testing and repairs.  He has a large ad in the Ojo de Lago.  My spouse has been using his services for over 8 years and recommends him highly.  Office hours sign up sheet for Mondays and some Saturdays.  The office is in the back area corridor near the optometrist's.

I bought my hearing aids at Costco in Seattle and when they needed adjustment, it was done immediately on site based on the latest hearing tests.  I presume, but don't know, that this would also be the case with the high end programmable hearing aids available at the Guadalajara Costco stores.  In fact, I have a remote control that allows me to change to one of two hearing programs that were set up in my hearing aids as a result of the hearing tests.

These same brands are available in Guadalajara at the two Costco stores.

So, I am guessing that if they need adjustment, that can be done at the store but if they need a major repair they might have to be sent out.

I used Costco in the states for years and was very pleased with the service.  Trying to get them adjusted here was a nightmare.   I must have been there 5 or 6 times with no satisfaction.   It was so bad that im gave up my $2, 500 hearing aids and bought new ones from Paco.  Having someone to adjust as necessary is very important. 

1 hour ago, nothernewbie said:

I used Costco in the states for years and was very pleased with the service.  Trying to get them adjusted here was a nightmare.   I must have been there 5 or 6 times with no satisfaction.   It was so bad that im gave up my $2, 500 hearing aids and bought new ones from Paco.  Having someone to adjust as necessary is very important. 

Paco??

When I bought my hearing aids, Ana was the person at the new Costco.  She was an audiologist.  Since she left a couple of years ago, the yahoos that Costco has employed have not been audiologists.  In fact, I think they were trained by the store manager since they do such a horrible job; this goes for both Costcos.  My hearing aids haven't been adjusted correctly since she left.  Thank heavens I only need them for the Little Theater.

7 hours ago, gringal said:

Just a suggestion:  If you buy hearing aids from Costco and they need adjustment or repairs, they will probably be sent away and you'll be without them until the repairs are complete.

If you go to the audiologist, Polo Gonzalez, who has weekly office hours at LCS (membership not required) you can get a complete hearing test, buy hearing aids in various price ranges and when they need adjustment or repair, it will be done on the spot.  Very competent man, qualified in all aspects of testing and repairs.  He has a large ad in the Ojo de Lago.  My spouse has been using his services for over 8 years and recommends him highly.  Office hours sign up sheet for Mondays and some Saturdays.  The office is in the back area corridor near the optometrist's.

I so agree with what Gringal says here on every point. Indeed my friend who opted for Costco did have to wait weeks for a repair that had to be send away. Polo has supplied my husband with substitutes if repairs were going to take awhile.

Plus Polo is a kind and caring professional who has attended to my husband for years and then me, too.

Lexy

Archived