Chapala.com Webboard

Eye glasses at Dr. Claudia

I have glasses from Dr. Claudia and they are perfect and the price is comparable to other places lakeside.  She is located on the carraterra at Hildago 293 in the same building as Dr. Santiago.  It's mountainside between Farmacia Guadalajara and the immigration office there in Chapala.  The number 293 is large and high up on the tall white buidling. You can't miss it.

• 3 weeks later...

. I hate to be a nay-sayer but my experience with this woman has not been all good. My wife, myself and my daughter had glasses made following her prescriptions, We are all unhappy. Mine cost more than I have paid any other source despite the fact I used my own frames. We all have trouble reading. Mine were progressive, my wife's double vision(?). My daughter just does not use hers.

Fitting progressive lenses in Mexico seems to be a chronic problem. Perhaps the opticos do not understand paralax, as I have noticed that they often mark the lenses when they are not sitting absolutely level, eye to eye, with the customer. That generally results in the lens being mounted with the line of transition too high or too low; usually too high. One can never adapt to that, and new lenses must be fitted. The prescription may be OK, but the positioning of the lens in the frame may be incorrect.  Yes, they hate to give money back or to pay for correcting the problem. 

21 hours ago, Alfa said:

. I hate to be a nay-sayer but my experience with this woman has not been all good. My wife, myself and my daughter had glasses made following her prescriptions, We are all unhappy. Mine cost more than I have paid any other source despite the fact I used my own frames. We all have trouble reading. Mine were progressive, my wife's double vision(?). My daughter just does not use hers.

did you have the glasses made by her or at another place? why don´t you bring the glasses back? Customer Service also exists at lakeside :)

Archived