Chapala.com Webboard

Sage for Cleansing?

There is a store on the carreteria going into Chapala from Ajijic. I think it is opposite the huge mural on your left so it would be on your right have no idea of the name. They make all kinds of jewelry, especially leather bracelets and earrings necklaces. I have seen them there. If you can't find it I can show you where it is when I am going to Chapala. PM me if you need help. 

18 hours ago, bezerk said:

Just saying but anytime you cannot figure out a word from english to spanish..google translate will do it...just go to google and type spanish word for sage for example...

Usually true unless there is another meaning for the same word. In this case Google translated sage to sabio. which means a wise person. Too funny...

They sell them at the Wednesday market. I'm curios and please excuse my forwardness. But is it io Christine a new dwelling or a bug problem. I've heard so many uses for sage and I think I might pick some up. It gets really smokey if I remember. It never would hurt to Christine my new abode.

Copal is the Mexican option in place of smudging with sage, especially if you like mild-burning sage like California white sage.

Not all sages are equal, because cooking sage / ghost sage / and other sages don't work for smudging,  which is why copal is more commonly used in Mexico.

On 6/15/2016 at 5:01 PM, Semalu said:

Usually true unless there is another meaning for the same word. In this case Google translated sage to sabio. which means a wise person. Too funny...

If you read the whole translation on google translate it says sabio under adjective and salvia under noun...which an herb would be, so google usually works. You may just have to read the whole translation...

1 hour ago, bezerk said:

If you read the whole translation on google translate it says sabio under adjective and salvia under noun...which an herb would be, so google usually works. You may just have to read the whole translation

Ah, a literalist. What you say may well be true, but where would be the fun in that?

Archived