Chapala.com Webboard

Guitar players Jam

laohok

I'm looking to bring together a small group of guitar players for informal jam sessions.  Easy going, no pressure fun while making music together is the goal.  All genres welcome, i.e., folk, blues, country, etc.  Jamming together will help each of us with timing, rhythm, interplaying with others - things that you can't get while playing by yourself.  Bring your quitar, either acoustic or electric and bring your favorite songs to share.  I'm sure you will find that there is something we can all learn from each other while having fun in the process.  All skill levels from amateur to pro are welcome.  Be advised that this is not about guitar lessons, it's about making music.  I will host here in West Ajijic.  Dates and times, and other details can be hammered out democratically as a group.  So, let's get together, make music and take your playing to a new level.  

• 2 months later...

Hola, maybe you missed my post on a similar thread a couple weeks ago:

"Very polite suggestion:  learn how to play acoustically before you plug in to an amp.  This area has already been way overloaded with super loud inexperienced electric guitar rock star wanna-bes who are extremely aggravating to everyone including Mexicans.  You might not be aware that with the open-air, concrete construction of Mexican buildings, the noise you create can echo and travel for blocks and people do not want to hear it!!  Loud music should only be played by experienced professionals who are good enough to actually draw a large crowd of 1000++ who is willing to pay to hear them.  

The noise problem has been largely abated by now, thanks to concerted neighborhood actions, and we certainly do not want to see this start up again!  If you must go electric, pick one room in your house and put LOTS of foam padding on all the walls and ceilings and carpets on the floors, and keep the doors and windows shut while you play.  Have someone sound check for you - if you are audible outside your house, you are too loud.  It seems virtually no one here understands these very basic, elementary principles of acoustics.  Please do not make your neighbors suffer!!  "

And please realize that loud lead electric guitar playing does not = Blues!!  Better to stay home and play along with BB King and see how the real master does it!  There are a lot of fakers around here.  I know, I've heard them all from the privacy of my own home because they are so LOUD!  Glad you are in West Ajijic :)

Yes, please, EZPZ, we`ve all heard this exact same rant a couple of dozen times on this board. Enough, already.

On 6/10/2016 at 7:56 PM, laohok said:

I'm looking to bring together a small group of guitar players for informal jam sessions.  Easy going, no pressure fun while making music together is the goal.  All genres welcome, i.e., folk, blues, country, etc.  Jamming together will help each of us with timing, rhythm, interplaying with others - things that you can't get while playing by yourself.  Bring your quitar, either acoustic or electric and bring your favorite songs to share.  I'm sure you will find that there is something we can all learn from each other while having fun in the process.  All skill levels from amateur to pro are welcome.  Be advised that this is not about guitar lessons, it's about making music.  I will host here in West Ajijic.  Dates and times, and other details can be hammered out democratically as a group.  So, let's get together, make music and take your playing to a new level.  

I would suggest you try the open mic sessions at la Bodega on Wednesdays and El Patio on Thursdays.

Archived