Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
Osoprehistorico

Fly Spray

I am not content with  the fly sprays available in Walmart.  Many years I had some from an animal feed store and when you spayed you could see the flies immediately fall.  Do you know a local store whee horse and cattle farmers buy their chemicals?  Thanks.

I make my own using essential oils...works great, non toxic, inexpensive and lasts for hours.  Clove, lavender, citronella

• Like 1

Friend uses vinegar & eucalyptus essential oil mix as a spray on his horse to keep flies away effectively. Simple. Essential oils are amazingly easy & don't impact your nervous system (yep) diluted tea tree (kills ants on the spot/roaches hate it), lemongrass (citronella) quite the mosquito deterrent. 'Fruit flies' are often just that -  an indicator of nearby fruit/garage, dog poop, etc. Flies don't like ammonia either..  Save pesticides for the scorpions. 

Buy EcoMint at Superlake.  It comes in a spray bottle.  It is what restaurants use to spray the tables with.

maw

11 minutes ago, maw7815 said:

Buy EcoMint at Superlake.  It comes in a spray bottle.  It is what restaurants use to spray the tables with.

maw

The house flies are mostly airborne except when they want to fly into my ear or into my nose.  Will the spray be able to mist them down?