Chapala.com Webboard

Broken iPad screen

Kyle

I broke my iPad screen while in the US.  I purchased a new screen but need someone to install it.  Bennos  does not have the tools and don't know how to do it.  Any suggestions as to where to go?  HELP, 

I recently had a microwave fixed in San Juan Cosala and asked if they worked on computers and he said yes.  They are located on the Carretera #43 in SJC......lake side just past the traffic light and near the cel tower.

Your best bet is to take it to an Apple store in Guadalajara. The main stores are in Andares Mall and Punto Sao Paulo on Av Americas near Pablo Neruda. 

There are other places listed on the Apple support site. https://locate.apple.com/mx/en/service/?pt=1&lat=20.3&lon=-103.2&address=Chapala%20jalisco&carrier=Telcel

DIY sites tell you step by step how to make the repair but there's a lot of heat, glue, clamps and other assorted tools necessary to replace a screen.

Contact Hall Microcomputers, who come to Lakeside every 2 weeks at IShop.

Clarissa is a good English-speaking contact:  clarisa@hall.com.mx

They are an Apple Distributor.

Also the iStore on the second floor of Plaza Galerias. You could also check with the "Geek Squad" desk in Best Buy in Plaza Galerias.  There are  no Apple stores as such in Mexico (there are plans to establish some) but the names mentioned here and by others are all authorized Apple resellers and repair depots and should be reliable.

Go to You Tube and just ask how to change the glass yourself.  It worked for me.  I had to change both the charging port and the LCD ribbon cable.  I leaned how to do it by watching the videos.  Changing the glass would be something that would require a guitar pic and not too much more.  Check it out.  

Archived