Chapala.com Webboard

IMSS for an employee who has Seguro Popular?

Hi - our rancho manager has Seguro Popular for his family and he is happy with it, he does not want IMSS health care coverage.  However, I'd like to enroll him in Infonavit so he can eventually get his own house; and isn't there an old-age pension component for IMSS?  Can I pick and choose to enroll him in some parts of IMSS, and not in the health insurance?  

Yes you can. You can leave him and his family with their Seguro Popular coverage and enroll him in the IMSS pension plan. It is very common and aceptable and INFONAVIT will take payments from his pay check if you are a legal company. INFONAVIT probably will need him to be working at least 6 months at a regular job with a company that is legal and registered with SAT.

INFONAVIT has many low interest home mortgage programs and the one with the IMSS where you can borrow from the IMSS pension fund you have to make up what you are lacking for the down payment amount  is only one of the many and  another IMSS one is for IMSS employees.

http://portal.infonavit.org.mx/wps/wcm/connect/infonavit/trabajadores/precalificacion_y_puntos/precalificacion_y_puntos

1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

Yes you can. You can leave him and his family with their Seguro Popular coverage and enroll him in the IMSS pension plan. It is very common and aceptable and INFONAVIT will take payments from his pay check if you are a legal company. INFONAVIT probably will need him to be working at least 6 months at a regular job with a company that is legal and registered with SAT.

INFONAVIT has many low interest home mortgage programs and the one with the IMSS where you can borrow from the IMSS pension fund you have to make up what you are lacking for the down payment amount  is only one of the many and  another IMSS one is for IMSS employees.

http://portal.infonavit.org.mx/wps/wcm/connect/infonavit/trabajadores/precalificacion_y_puntos/precalificacion_y_puntos

{tried to PM you but it said that you could not receive PMs.  Sigh).

Alan - thanks for your informative reply!  Do you know of anyone Lakeside who can advise me on how to proceed with this?  I have heard & read (rollybrook) that you really need to have an accountant set this up.

BTW - we are not a corporation, we are private, retired individuals.  Does that make any difference?

Archived