Chapala.com Webboard

Assisted Living in Lake Chapala area

Can anyone recommend retirement homes that offer independent living, assited living, and memory care? I know about Cosa Nostra, but that is the only one that has
been highly recommended to me. Are there any others that you would recommend?

If you would like to stay in your own home, instead of moving to a care facility,  I  know of 2 amazing nurses.  These young women took care of my Mom for the past 3 years.  They are red cross trained, and both are available for part time of full time.  If this is something you would like to discuss as an option, please call me 766.2780.

Mi Casita in San Antonio is administered through a trained nurse (University of Guadalajara Nursing program = real nurse as in the U.S. or Canada) and offers care from independent living through final stages of life. My sister checked it out in March (I helped place nursing assistant students there among other local facilities last year) and I personally looked at the programs when it was in La Floresta and now in San Antonio. You sign a contract and the price remains the same for the rest of your life ($1,500.00 a month in March) from minimal care to complete care. No need to move if your care requirements no longer fit your original situation. It has a slow elevator to a second floor. I taught nursing and also did clinical training for my nursing students over 21 years in Pennsylvania so I'm not just talking "out of my hat". I have been to many other local places but I have to say, in my opinion and with my background, I trust the scope of care given to residents / patients at that facility. It is on the local bus line and about two blocks from the San Antonio Plaza and near the Monday Market.  This is an unpaid and unasked for endorsement.  :rolleyes: 

Archived