Chapala.com Webboard

Streaming services/ VPN's

Anyone have knowledge or experience with this service..May provide Netflix service here??

Getflix Lifetime Subscription for $39

StackSocial offers a Getflix Lifetime Subscription for $39. That's tied with our January mention, $816 off, and the lowest total price we could find. (A 1-year subscription costs $33.18 alone). This service allows you to access popular streaming services globally without a VPN. Deal ends June 10.

Note: This offer does not include subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu Plus, Vudu, or other streaming services; it's just the VPN service.

You can read this online at:
http://dealnews.com/1696532.html

Sounds too cheap to me.  The services that seem to be staying ahead of Netflix blocking all cost around $5 to $10 per month for the open VPN service required.  Even at that I've had to contact our service, Strong, several times to work out changes to unblock Netflix from the latest blocking.

It looks like there's this constant chess game between Netflix and the VPN services.  It requires a lot of attention and we're beginning to wonder if it is worth it.  We won't waste the money on a Mexican Netflix subscription which is nearly as expensive as the U.S. one but with far less content.  It is a rip off IMO.

I have ExpressVPN and it it very reliable, very easy to set up and use and has great suppor.   I got a smart TV and the computer is next to it and I connect them with the USB cable.  Netflix (Mexican) has all the same shows I watched up north and the Smart TV doesn't even need the VPN to see them.  My computer Netflix is blocked because they now "know" the vpn is on.  I put the VPN on a US site to watch the Amazon Prime series which are as good as Netflix. When the vpn is with Toronto or Montreal, I watch US TV-channels I used to get on Shaw (a day later.) ABC,CBS,NBC.  

Also, there is a computer site called USTV Now that is free and has real-time tv with the major networks (if you can handle commercials) and I watch them on my TV screen...no problems except, of course, when the local internet blacks out, weakens or otherwise looses power.  95% success here is success to me!

6 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Sounds too cheap to me.  The services that seem to be staying ahead of Netflix blocking all cost around $5 to $10 per month for the open VPN service required.  Even at that I've had to contact our service, Strong, several times to work out changes to unblock Netflix from the latest blocking.

It looks like there's this constant chess game between Netflix and the VPN services.  It requires a lot of attention and we're beginning to wonder if it is worth it.  We won't waste the money on a Mexican Netflix subscription which is nearly as expensive as the U.S. one but with far less content.  It is a rip off IMO.

We tried "Smartflix", but this morning they sent a notice that they are discontinuing that service due to efforts of Netflix to shut down VPN's. So it's R.I.P. for them, for HMA  and probably all their brethren.  We are down to the selections on Mexican Netflix. :010:

• 1 year later...

Of course they will provide them, bmh.  All you need to do is find a faster internet provider, something that is available down here. All you have to do is pay a little more and get your internet via satellite. It's been available for ages.

Here is a link to that service

http://www.broadbandblue.com/gen4/mobile/lookup.php

The only problem with free programs is you need some skills downloading and problem solving and working with updating and normal problems with internet speeds. If Spexmex's program runs anything like Eternaltv  ( which it looks exactly like) it will be pretty easy to keep running problem free. A bit too expensive for me though.

If you are thinking of downloading a program to see movies "Terrarium " is free of adds and very good layout for movies and shows.

another good app is "Cerebro tv' although there may be a one time $50 cost to see this now but it is good for live TV

18 hours ago, johanson said:

Of course they will provide them, bmh.  All you need to do is find a faster internet provider, something that is available down here. All you have to do is pay a little more and get your internet via satellite. It's been available for ages.

Here is a link to that service

http://www.broadbandblue.com/gen4/mobile/lookup.php

Do you have this now? 

1 hour ago, Alpha1 said:

Do you have this now? 

No. I am lucky according to a Telmex  technician  who pulled up my account on his computer,. I live 1070 meters from where the Dslam card connects my two of the wires of the 4 wires in my telephone line to the Internet. At that distance I can easily get 10 Mb/sec. In fact a technician who came out to the house and tested my line quality, said I could get even faster speeds if they were available in Ajijic.

One nice thing is that they rewired much of upper Juarez, the street that leads to my house, up from the main road in town, the Carratera (spelling) 8 years ago, and the telephone wiring in my house is new as well.

11 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I have one huge, maybe 10' and one smaller for HD maybe 5'. Why do you ask?

I was wondering how big your dish was pointing toward your internet provider because you suggested you were loosing your signal during bad weather. And a larger dish will ensure that you will continue to get your feed even during cloudy and rainy weather.

Barcelonaman, Yes I have tried them and they are fine. I think Terrarium is best of them all for movies and tv shows  also

it is easy for some of us to download adjust and there is always adjusting after click but we know that's not true for many others.

Johanson Yes you are very lucky with TELMEX connection happy for you

• 1 month later...

Archived