Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone have experience with someone called Jeffrey of "Cat & Dog Nutrition?"

I was contacted by a Jeffrey of "Cat & Dog Nutrition" who apparently was local here but moved to Bucerias but will be offering natural cat and dog food here.  Not sure how he got my email address but I am curious as to who he is and your experience with his cat food.

Thanks.

Here is what he is offering:

Food to cost, for now, $60-65
broth $36
edible bones $26
SUPERJUICE $204 and $137,

what would you like????

a 12lb-er should be served in total 5oz per day, whatever combination of foods you decide to give him,
I would work towards 50-50 my food and edible bones.........
with 2 tablespoons of bone broth per meal,
and two sprays of Superjuice on the meal,

about 4 kgs of food, 
about 4 kgs of edible bones,
I tub of broth, lasts 1-2 months
1 flask of Superjuice, lasts 4-6 months,

I did buy the raw cat food from him for a very picky eater with health problems.  Mr. Picky loved the food and he flourished on it as he needs a higher taurine level that is available in raw food.  I was sorry, and so was Mr. Picky, to see the store close.

Mainecoons...can you give me his e-mail please.  I apparently did such a good job of deleting old e-mails I deleted things I wanted, even from the trash.  Tried to PM you but it wouldn't go through for some reason.  TIA.

I have talked to him at length.  I have done much research on the raw food diet. I make my own.  It is properly balanced.   The recipe I use is from a veterinarian.  He and I compared notes.  We basically make the same recipe, except mine is better because I am able to incorporate and grind the bones/calcium right into the food.  Turns out he has a poor quality grinder and the bones won't go through it.  Also, as he explained, much of his clientele does not really understand about this type of diet and are afraid because they are applying human comparisons to what is safe to be put in food, such as the raw eggs which are a very necessary ingredient. 

I have made this diet for our two very healthy cats for years.  What he does is good, so I would not be afraid to buy from him if I was unable to make mine.  If you buy from him, be sure to purchase the raw bones, so the cats can get their calcium and their natural instincts needs to chew on raw bones.  OR, you can do what I do, buy a great grinder, make your own.

RAW bones are perfectly safe and healthy for dogs and cats to eat. Their digestive systems are designed to process bones. Think about what they eat in the wild. COOKED bones, on the other hand, are very dangerous. The composition changes with heat. THis is why heating RAW food is unwise.

Archived