Chapala.com Webboard

in US need advice for Telcel

nothernewbie

I am staying new thread because the site won't let me answer on ooriginal thread.  I have tried to dial 001 and just 1.  Either way I get "not registered on network".  when I restart it says "no service".  I canceled my US phones but this sure isn't a replacement. 

Have you checked that your phone is set on roaming? I've never tried using my Mex cell phone in Canada, but when a friend was here in Mexico and had set up her NOB ATT to work in Mexico, everytime I tried to phone her here, it wouldn't go through until she realized she had to set it on roaming, so maybe its the same in reverse.

If you are calling Mexico from the USA the prefix is:  011 52 followed by the number you're calling.  If you're calling a Mexican cell phone put a 1 after the 52 then enter the 10 digit phone number. If you're in Mexico simply enter the 10 digit number.

1 hour ago, El Saltos said:

If you are calling Mexico from the USA the prefix is:  011 52 followed by the number you're calling.  If you're calling a Mexican cell phone put a 1 after the 52 then enter the 10 digit phone number. If you're in Mexico simply enter the 10 digit number.

According to the card I was given at Telcel, here is how you dial a Mexico number from the US or Canada. Spanish first and then my Google Translate to English

Como llama a Mexico estando en el extranjero

Para marca a Mexico desde cualquier parte del mundo  +52-codigo de area y numero .

celular +521 y 10 digitos

How to call Mexico While abroad
To dial Mexico from anywhere in the world 52-+ area code and number.
Cell phone +521 10 digits

While my husband and I were in the U.S., when we called each other on our Mexican cell phones, we dialed + (YES, the + sign) then 52 - 1 - and then the 10 digit number. We did not dial anything in front of the + sign.  Worked well for us.  But it is important to put the + in front of the 52 or it won't go through.

• 16 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Have you checked that your phone is set on ritaming? I've never tried using my Mex cell phone in Canada, but when a friend was here in Mexico and had set up her NOB ATT to work in Mexico, everytime I tried to phone her here, it wouldn't go through until she realized she had to set it on roaming, so maybe its the same in reverse.

1. THank You all.  It was a matter of turning on the roaming.  Keep cool, I hear I hear IS 

Archived