Chapala.com Webboard

air conditioned restaurants?

JayBearII

I am overdue for making my annual summer post asking, "Are there any restaurants at Lakeside that have air conditioning?" (My annual winter post is "Are there any restaurants at Lakeside that have fireplaces or other heating?") Yeah, I know, I should just suck it up, prop up my feet and have another beer, but we all need something to hope for, and right now I hope for an air conditioned restaurant.

Not air conditioned as such, but not bad in this weather:  Arileo's (high ceilings and large fans), Roberto's (fans and breezeway catching some coolth), Yves (fans inside and plenty of outdoor seating around the pool...so not bad).  Most others.......meh.  Gasp.:010:

On 5/29/2016 at 8:01 AM, tomgates said:

Bruno's has an a/c section in the back. Also, I think Min-Wah and Nueva Posada.

Funny you should mention Bruno's. From what I noticed while dining in the back, it looks like the A/C in the back section exhausts directly through the wall into the front section. :rolleyes:  Definitely choose the back these days.

I mentioned this to an owner the other day and they said the cost is high but there were few clients and people would love a place to not be sweating on hot days.  Units that are heat and air are $6,000 pesos and even if your bill jumps 2,000 youd have so many more clients in the late afternoon.

25 minutes ago, HarryB said:

Let's hope the idea catches on. We've stopped going out because of the heat.

The only thing worse than dining in a hot restaurant for supper is a hot kitchen, cooking it.  I give up at 92f degrees.  Gasp. 

We've never found it to be so hot here that ceiling fans or a pedestal fan didn't suffice to make us sufficiently comfortable.  Having said that, this is not our favorite time of year and we're always glad when it starts raining and the temps drop back into the comfortable range.

My sympathies RV.  My brother says it is even worse in east Phoenix.

Archived