Chapala.com Webboard

The Coolest Fruit in the World is now Available Lakeside!!

There is a really cool fruit that I bought at the nursery behind Super Lake.  It is a small bush that has small berries that when ripe they turn red and look like a coffee bean.  If you eat one berry, it will mask your taste buds on your tongue and make every sour or bitter fruit taste incredibly sweet, the affects last up to 30 minutes to an hour.  You can eat a limon and it will taste like the sweetest lemonade.  This magical fruit is called the Miracle Fruit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synsepalum_dulcificum

Well, today, finally I saw two ripe berries on my bush and I picked them and bought an assortment of fruit like:  cherries, grapes, kiwi, strawberries, limes, grapefruit, nectarines, and yellow plums (ciruelas).  I washed them all and put them on a plate all sliced up and ready to eat.  We each ate a berry and waited 2 minutes and then began to try the fruit.  All the fruit tasted amazingly super sweet and delicious. We even tried black coffee and although it didn't make the coffee sweet it removed most of the bitterness from it making it easier to drink black.

This not a drug, it is a natural fruit that comes originally from Africa.  The fruit is amazing or should I say miraculous!

I bought my miracle bush from the nursery in San Antonio behind Super Lake.  It is called Fruta del Milagro in Spanish.  With one bush, I'm sure you can harvest the seeds and plant many more.  It is a really cool bush to have in your garden in my opinion and they do great as a retainer or potted plant. 

Walked down the street to the east of Superlake to where they used to provide parking.  They - Superlake.   Still a large open space and a few cars parked there.   There was a black and white dog lying somewhere to the middle of this field so didn't wander around.   Where is this vivero? 

Just follow the plants - there is a path leading past the plants and up to the Vivero, which can also be accessed from the street west of Superlake, which has a traffic light and is one way going down to the lake.  Excellent nursery and Angela does good landscaping too.

Archived