Chapala.com Webboard

Guitars

Does anyone know of a store in Guadalajara that has a good selection of guitars for sale?

anything you want is @ one of three shops about 3 biocks south of dead center "el centro"

east side on septiembre 16.  METRO MUSIC i think....for new. directly across the street for used, or one block north of "metro"  east side, upstairs , for more used.

5 hours ago, bruno said:

anything you want is @ one of three shops about 3 biocks south of dead center "el centro"

east side on septiembre 16.  METRO MUSIC i think....for new. directly across the street for used, or one block north of "metro"  east side, upstairs , for more used.

Correct. The main store is Music Club Metropoli . It's the ground floor of al large black building on the corner of 16 de Septiembre and Calle Nueva Galicia. As Bruno says, there are other stores in the area.  Metropoli has a large selection of instruments and equipment. Here is their website  http://tienda.musicclub.mx/mx/117-guitarras-acústicas-

4 hours ago, floridaze said:

Sorry if a little off topic, but I've been wondering what the approximate cost of a decent Flamenco style guitar in Paracho be? Thanks

Guitars of all levels of quality are available in Paracho. Some years ago, I purchased a very nice classical guitar with case for about $1000 MN. Today, I suspect that to have gone up with time and a change of exchange rate, but it will be worth it for you to make the drive and shop the village guitar makers‘s shops.  Nearby, you can find the burried village and Volcan Paracutin, where there are rental cabins and a restaurant, if you want to spend the night. Uruapan is also on Rt. 37 and a good option for a visit, too.

13 hours ago, cedros said:

I think they only sell Mexican made guitars in Paracho.

Paracho is a town full of luthiers and they make guitars from  crap to thousands of dollars which are sold to the worlds greatest guitarists. I  was lucky to play a $2000 USD guitar there which made me sound like a champ. Even a $100- $200 USD guitar there is excellent So tell me what's wrong with a Mexican made guitar?

8 hours ago, ned small said:

Paracho is a town full of luthiers and they make guitars from  crap to thousands of dollars which are sold to the worlds greatest guitarists. I  was lucky to play a $2000 USD guitar there which made me sound like a champ. Even a $100- $200 USD guitar there is excellent So tell me what's wrong with a Mexican made guitar?

I didn't say anything was wrong with a Mexican made guitar. Fine guitars are made in many countries in the world. I am just looking for a place that has a wider selection to choose from. 

We just bought an electric piano at musicclub away from the downtown music shop area.  Big store, lots of guitars, and we got a good price. You can park down the street at the store has its own parking lot. Look for Musicclub sign before store.

Archived