Chapala.com Webboard

purchase from US held at customs, need advice

I have received messages in my message account or box or whatever it is called . And when I get one, I am so notified at the top right of the web page where the envelope appears, just to the left of my picture. I have received several within the last two weeks.

EDIT: I also delete older messages to ensure that there is room for new ones

• 3 years later...

I had two bad interaction with customs in Guadalajara. First they held onto a shipment of skin cream and told me I would have to find a customs agent, then hire him/her and then the agent would have to inspect the package, certify it was skin cream and then they would release it. I live 3 hours away, and so told them to just sent it back. I then called the vendor, had them ship it to my son in Denver, and I brought the products back with me in my suitcase after I visited my son.  Second issue was shipping old CPR mannequins to a University. My old hospital in the U.S. was giving them away as they were ordering new ones. They weren't worth anything, but even with arguing with customs that it was a charitable donation not worth anything, they basically held it for ransom until the university paid them. They didn't even notify anyone that the mannequins were being held by them - I found out after investigating when the university started asking where they were a week past the scheduled delivery date. 

Edited by Paty
misspelled word.

I had a problem mailing two Christmas cards last year. They were for grandchildren and the cards made music. I received them back, torn open the mechanism smashed and the letters scotch taped back together. My guess is they thought I was ending something illegal but they could have just opened and looked.  So be careful you don't send anything bumpy by letter.