Chapala.com Webboard

Roku Streaming Stick (3600R)

Has anyone had any experience with the Roku Streaming Stick - 3600R, or any other ROKU products?

What about problems with buffering?

I want to subscribe to USTVNOW so that not only can I get the normal channels like ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX but also CNBC and other premium channels. 

I'm about to give up DISH USA as it's more trouble than it's worth. I am constantly losing channels which is totally frustrating as I am paying $83.00+ a month. I subscribe to Amazon Prime using the Amazon Fire TV Box but it does not support USTVNOW.

I would really appreciate if anyone would share their experiences with me.

I have a Roku 3 which works fine, although I rarely use it. Even though my modem is only 20 feet from the device, I got a much better service by running an ethernet cable from the modem to the Roku (instead of using the WiFi). ALL streaming devices will stutter now and then over WiFi. Still, I think the majority use it over WiFi and don't have too much to complain about, depending on the actual speed you are getting from TelMex. 2 or 3Mbits download speed is not going to peform well at all.

We gave up USTVNOW down here in PV because it constantly buffered even connected with an ethernet cable. Many other Roku channels like Smithsonian were mostly fine but not US. Amazon Prime works well with a VPN on tablets or computer but US must not have enough bandwidth. We used them for many years but had to quit. We now use SKY and are happy at $399/Mo. for 2 TV's.

YMMV

Archived