Chapala.com Webboard

Hot Today

Before moving here full time over 8 years ago I had spent many years in the High Desert area of Southern California near Victorville {15 Freeway at the top of the Cajon Pass). Not unusual for the temps to top 110F, but we always joked that it was "dry heat". Cannot understand how anyone can complain about the weather here....PLEASE!

19 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Before moving here full time over 8 years ago I had spent many years in the High Desert area of Southern California near Victorville {15 Freeway at the top of the Cajon Pass). Not unusual for the temps to top 110F, but we always joked that it was "dry heat". Cannot understand how anyone can complain about the weather here....PLEASE!

If you are a person whom the heat doesn't bother, consider yourself lucky. Some people are extremely bothered by the heat, and they faint and or vomit when exposed for just a short time, like 15 minutes . And if you are sensitive like that, and do not have a car, it becomes very difficult just to get out at a time of day to get food supplies, carry them home, which ironically, has to be done more often due to not having a car. The solution, is to just wait it out, as best as possible, hope a friend will help with a trip to the store, once in a while. We aren't complaining...just looking forward to the rainy season, so we don't have to be prisoners in our homes.  Many things have changed here, and the weather is one of them....it is getting hotter. 

Guest bennie2

best time to go out is after dark. its hotter in the afternoon than mid day. i learned the hard way. IF i go back to SL, it will be @ 8PM. early morning would be crowded. my feeling is that the owner wants to save electricity bills this year. it's also hotter in industrial areas w/no trees. 

Archived