Chapala.com Webboard

Hot Today

According to the webpage http://www.chapalaweather.net today was the hottest recorded on any day of the year since they started keeping records in 2008. It was 96.9 F this afternoon just after 5 PM.

It's further proof that what we are really having is global cooling. Or was it per el Trumpe proof that there is no global warming.

PS. This is not a political comment or climate, I was just quoting what some folks are saying.

Guest bennie2

wrong 2003 over 100 degrees in may maybe april check it out. global scam, who cares? superlake has no airconditioning this month. after 3 times im done w/them. 

Actually., Benitoa,  if you will check with Mr Bing, 2003 was one of the colder years in Jalisco especially along the shores of the lake between Lago de Chapala y the GDL airport

Guest bennie2

people died from heat in guad its was like 103 & high 90s here. meanwile superlake did have airconditioning, but not this year. for comfort maybe toritto is better?

Some places are warmer than "average" and some are cooler.  For example the eastern U.S. is cooler.  The span of time that accurate records have been kept is a heart beat compared to the length of time there has been climate on this planet.  A "record" temperature has to be regarded in that context.

El Niño is on the wane but not gone.  It affected our weather significantly, making it warmer than normal.

I stand by my prediction that its lingering effects will make the rainy season later and lower than average, at least in the first few months.

Our thermometer said 86 yesterday here in El Centro Puerto Vallarta, the highest so far this year but with the sea breeze we get we have so far not even needed a fan. Go figure.

13 hours ago, johanson said:

According to the webpage http://www.chapalaweather.net today was the hottest recorded on any day of the year since they started keeping records in 2008. It was 96.9 F this afternoon just after 5 PM.

Last years high was 93.9° so up 6° -  and the low for this year was 41.1° which is the lowest since the site started.  So the highest and the lowest temps in the same year.

Air conditioning in SuperLake? Seriously? I have been shopping there for eight years with no evidence of any sort of cooling. Who would run an air conditioner with the whole front of the store open?

Let's face it. Anybody who's been here a few years recognizes it. The HOT time of year - just a few weeks - has finally arrived. I almost got out of bed at 3am to sleep on the terrace last night.

I was expecting the beginning of the "misery season" earlier than now, as in around late April early May, so I'm grateful for the lateness. And despite Mainecoons scientifically-researched prognasticans about El Niño this or that, or the high/low, easterly/westerly, crush-my-head wih that stuff, I'm hoping, HOPING, the rains are no later than their usual mid-June arrival.

It's such a relief! :lol:

Guest bennie2

no one in SL on tuesday @ 6pm except me. 4-6 people there were there mid may. in general i like to go after dark but that would be hard to find transport in the hotter months. maybe they turn it all off when the place clears out? i shopped there same times years ago, it was cool. go figure. torittos has an amazing system feels like high airconditioning. they used it once during easter week. was there @ 4 ish, alone. they had a security guard to check bags. he didnt ask for mine. a bit off topic but these places do have cooling systems WHEN they want to use them. went back there the following week, hot. (no where as stiffling as SL). btw, that store is huge, the front being open does nothing as its 97 outside. guad pharm has a good system & has an open front as well. they always have it on, all the time. this time in SL i stocked up on somethings. the refridge was working well. unfortunately most socalled fresh produce had heat stroke, or sold out. no i wont be back there untill july. they lost their only evening customer for now. we will see how it goes later. 

Archived