Chapala.com Webboard

Spring Clean - no show after 1st visit

I just hired Spring Clean's maid service 2 weeks ago. It was scheduled for the maid to come every 2 weeks and today should be the second service, to start at 10:00. No show this morning so I called Leticia. She told me she just got back yesterday after being away for 2 weeks and that when she's gone, nobody knows what to do. She told me she's heading to the office and will call me back to let me know what's up and offer a different day for this time.

For those who use Spring Clean for regular maid service, is this an abnormal occurrence? Maybe because I'm a new customer that I'm not on their radar yet.

16 minutes ago, eagles100 said:

I just hired Spring Clean's maid service 2 weeks ago. It was scheduled for the maid to come every 2 weeks and today should be the second service, to start at 10:00. No show this morning so I called Leticia. She told me she just got back yesterday after being away for 2 weeks and that when she's gone, nobody knows what to do. She told me she's heading to the office and will call me back to let me know what's up and offer a different day for this time.

For those who use Spring Clean for regular maid service, is this an abnormal occurrence? Maybe because I'm a new customer that I'm not on their radar yet.

I have used Spring Clean for eight years and this never happened to me.  They are sometimes late and sometimes the maids arrive on time but their cleaning supplies arrive later, but in general, this have been a reliable service. 

I have had Spring Clean 3 1/2 years and no show has never happened.  Sometimes the maid has her childs' school business on our scheduled day, but Leticia always calls me ahead of time and reschedules to another day.  this has only happened twice since the maid had to register her child or the like business to attend to.

We do not tip or give snacks.  We have done that in the past and it seemed to get out of control with the maid suggesting what she wanted and what to drink, so we did not start this with spring clean.  the maid works her 4 hours and then goes to her own lunch.

Used them and let them go due to maid deciding she had finished 1 hour prior to the agreed time or not showing up as schedule.  Still had to pay the full price not worth the headache. Jefe didn't want to hear or acknowledge anything.

We had them for 4 years for a rental in which we do not live.  We liked that the women lived in the neighborhood.  Leticia was always on top of it for changes and for our tenants in and out times.  Very flexible and yet consistent.  We have had them for our own home when we were between cleaning women.  

We paid $500 pesos for 4 hours for 2 women to clean a typical 2 story 2 bed/3 bath with a living space on the mirador.  They hustled no doubt about it and it was always "company ready".  they were able to do sheets and towels during that time.  No tip however they were remembered well at holiday time and a $200 pesos gift at school time.  We also gave generously to the neighborhood posada.

We presently pay $500 pesos for one woman 9 to 6 one day a week.

We had Leticia come and give us a quote and then agreed on a date and time and they never showed up till this day and that was 2 years ago.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:04 PM, eagles100 said:

I'm being charged 350 pesos for one maid for a period of 4 hours. 

Thanks for all the responses.

Really?  Well, either the company itself or the maid is making extremely good wages compared to most maids here in Ajijic.  We pay our property manager 260 pesos for a four-hour, once a week maid service.  The maid gets slightly less than that amount.

On 5/24/2016 at 0:33 PM, eagles100 said:

Do you all tip the Spring Clean maids? If so, how much?

I will give her water or soda but are we expected to give her a snack? 

After four hours at my house, working hard for very little money, I provide soda and lunch. It's not "expected," but I know she appreciates it.

8 hours ago, suegarn said:

Really?  Well, either the company itself or the maid is making extremely good wages compared to most maids here in Ajijic.  We pay our property manager 260 pesos for a four-hour, once a week maid service.  The maid gets slightly less than that amount.

Leticia provides transportation to and from the job, all equipment and supplies, IMSS health and social security insurance, vacation pay, holiday pay, aguinaldos, etc. For all her employees. Please stop unjustifiably going after this good and honest woman whose cleaning services have helped so many people over the years and still today, even though there is now some competition.

2 hours ago, Al Berca said:

Leticia provides transportation to and from the job, all equipment and supplies, IMSS health and social security insurance, vacation pay, holiday pay, aguinaldos, etc. For all her employees. Please stop unjustifiably going after this good and honest woman whose cleaning services have helped so many people over the years and still today, even though there is now some competition.

That's right; Spring Clean pays the maids' vacation pay and Christmas bonus. They also provide cleaning materials. I do add a few extra products that they don't carry for my personal preferences. It might seem like it's costing more per hour but add up all those things + severance if you need to let a maid go, it can get expensive. I have hired private maids in the past and have been burned so I'd rather let a service deal with the maid's personal issues. 

For 3 years we paid 300 pesos for 4 hours and then Leticia came and ask for 350 and we agreed.  As above, the maid is driven and picked up by Spring Clean (this is great when it is pouring rain in the rainy season), they bring all supplies, including mop and bucket, all for 350.  When we were in the states we paid 65 dollars for 3 hours 9 years ago and supplied all of the cleaning supplies.  I know we are not in the states but 350 for the service we get here is very reasonable.  At today's rate 18.47 U.S.

Back to the original post. Your treatment wasn't that abnormal. Leticia is a bit disorganized. I used Spring Clean for a few years but I found the service a bit erratic so I got my own cleaning lady.

3 hours ago, Al Berca said:

What he said!!

4 hours ago, Al Berca said:

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I was 'unjustifiably' going after anyone.  I was only stating that the rate was quite a bit higher than the average wage for maids here.  Our property manager also pays for the supplies, health benefits and holiday pay for the maids that they use at the different rental homes they take care of.  And in fact, I was told by several people that what we are paying was slightly higher than normal.

On 5/24/2016 at 0:33 PM, eagles100 said:
On 5/24/2016 at 3:53 PM, johanson said:
3 hours ago, sm1mex said:
3 hours ago, sm1mex said:
3 hours ago, cedros said:
2 hours ago, suegarn said:
9 minutes ago, bmh said:

sm1mex what you paid in the States is irrelevant..

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I was 'unjustifiably' going after anyone.  I was only stating that the rate was quite a bit higher than the average wage for maids here.  Our property manager also pays for the supplies, health benefits and holiday pay for the maids that they use at the different rental homes they take care of.  And in fact, I was told by several people that what we are paying was slightly higher than normal.

Back to the original post. Your treatment wasn't that abnormal. Leticia is a bit disorganized. I used Spring Clean for a few years but I found the service a bit erratic so I got my own cleaning lady.

For 3 years we paid 300 pesos for 4 hours and then Leticia came and ask for 350 and we agreed.  As above, the maid is driven and picked up by Spring Clean (this is great when it is pouring rain in the rainy season), they bring all supplies, including mop and bucket, all for 350.  When we were in the states we paid 65 dollars for 3 hours 9 years ago and supplied all of the cleaning supplies.  I know we are not in the states but 350 for the service we get here is very reasonable.  At today's rate 18.47 U.S.

What do they charge per hour for say a half days (4 hours) work once or twice per week?

What do they charge per hour for say a half days (4 hours) work once or twice per week?

Do you all tip the Spring Clean maids? If so, how much?

I will give her water or soda but are we expected to give her a snack? 

On 5/24/2016 at 1:29 PM, sm1mex said:

I have had Spring Clean 3 1/2 years and no show has never happened.  Sometimes the maid has her childs' school business on our scheduled day, but Leticia always calls me ahead of time and reschedules to another day.  this has only happened twice since the maid had to register her child or the like business to attend to.

We do not tip or give snacks.  We have done that in the past and it seemed to get out of control with the maid suggesting what she wanted and what to drink, so we did not start this with spring clean.  the maid works her 4 hours and then goes to her own lunch.

On 5/23/2016 at 0:42 PM, Wookie said:

Does anyone know when cocinart opens again?  We were by there the other day, they were closed and we forgot to look for a sign (:

MODERATORS:  This is what happens when I attempt to reply to this thread.  I just pressed "quote", not multi-quote.  I've made several attemps, to no avail.  HALP!

Archived