Chapala.com Webboard

streets in Santa Teresita for natural fabric?

Does anyone know the main streets or a cross street for natural fabric stores in Santa Teresita? I know I`m wishing for the moon, but maybe someone knows some addresses for same?

I can give you directions if you know Guadalajara a little:  Get on Aveinda Ninos Heros going west to a (round-a-bout with Ninos Heros red monument in center) right turn on Av Chapultepec. Go north to the dead end at Av Mexico goes left and Juan Manuel goes right.. Jog right on C. Juan Manuel one short block and turn Left on Calle Andres Teran. You are now in Colonia Santa Teresita (where one way streets alternate direction). There are many fabric stores on this street. Find a place to park and wander around  on foot. You will find that this colonia has a good number of resident expats who can advise on the best Telas vendors.

Map Here

Thanks for those very interesting links and maps. A related question - I am still looking for a seamstress or tailor who can make custom casual shirts and shirts from the fabric I select. I am interested in making "art" shirts with my dye sublimation printer - I don't know, this is from the top of my head, but like many tattoos, without the needles and expense, or dirty looks. They just unearthed a mummy from ancient Egypt, covered with arcane tattoos. Also, there is a whole book of Russian gangster tattoos. Then the Japanese yakusa (gangster) tattoos. Interesting stuff! Careful where you wear them though.

1 hour ago, geeser said:

I can give you directions if you know Guadalajara a little:  Get on Aveinda Ninos Heros going west to a (round-a-bout with Ninos Heros red monument in center) right turn on Av Chapultepec. Go north to the dead end at Av Mexico goes left and Juan Manuel goes right.. Jog right on C. Juan Manuel one short block and turn Left on Calle Andres Teran. You are now in Colonia Santa Teresita (where one way streets alternate direction). There are many fabric stores on this street. Find a place to park and wander around  on foot. You will find that this colonia has a good number of resident expats who can advise on the best Telas vendors.

Thanks, Geezer this is very helpful. Sounds like the Santa Teresita fabric area is very close to the ritzy Chapultepec fabric store area.

4 hours ago, bradshoe said:

I have notes that I made (can't remember how long ago) about looking for linen making the comment that Centro Mercantil Villanueva is probably the largest fabric store in Santa Teresita.  I don't remember seeing it as we were looking for upholstery fabric but this is the web site I found.  http://cmvillanueva.com.mx/nosotros.html

Thanks, bradshoe, an address and a map: such treasures!

6 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Thanks for those very interesting links and maps. A related question - I am still looking for a seamstress or tailor who can make custom casual shirts and shirts from the fabric I select. I am interested in making "art" shirts with my dye sublimation printer - I don't know, this is from the top of my head, but like many tattoos, without the needles and expense, or dirty looks. They just unearthed a mummy from ancient Egypt, covered with arcane tattoos. Also, there is a whole book of Russian gangster tattoos. Then the Japanese yakusa (gangster) tattoos. Interesting stuff! Careful where you wear them though.

Chillin,

Do you know about Romana in Chapala?  She has a shop across the street from the main square and will make anything. She is bi-lingual.

Chillin, perhaps instead of steering people away from my topic (it`s called "hi-jacking" on this forum in case you were unaware) you would like to make a topic of your own? Thank you so much. I would be glad to reciprocate in any topic of yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone on suggestions for natural fabric.  We went to Centro Mercantil Villanueva, Pedro Buzeti No. 409 and saw the largest selection of linen in Guadalajara and a large selection of 100% cottons and some pure rayons.  I bought a much lighter figured manta bright white for dyeing than I`ve yet seen for shirts, good for our high heat days and a light rayon. I also bought canvas and a light 20 pesos/metro cotton for shirting.

Archived