Chapala.com Webboard

TelMex is at it again

A few weeks ago, TelMex cranked my internet up to 10.  Within the past few days, they have cranked it back down to 7

I'm not exactly sure when they did it but sometime this week and at night.

Yes Telmex changed my Modem speed settings too. Living close to the Telmex office, my Modem settings were at 12.6 megs down, by 0.96 up and I was able to get about 85% if that. And then, for no reason, my settings were dropped to 6 down by about 0.7 down and if I were lakeside my speed test would have shown about 85% of those settings.

Just to let you know the speeds in rainy and cold Seattle, this is what I am getting

5344087865.png

Hey it may be great internet speed up here in cold and rainy Seattle, but I would much rather be down there with all of you and my slow internet connection than up here working on my taxes.

1 hour ago, johanson said:

Yes Telmex changed my Modem speed settings too. Living close to the Telmex office, my Modem settings were at 12.6 megs down, by 0.96 up and I was able to get about 85% if that. And then, for no reason, my settings were dropped to 6 down by about 0.7 down and if I were lakeside my speed test would have shown about 85% of those settings.

Just to let you know the speeds in rainy and cold Seattle, this is what I am getting

5344087865.png

Hey it may be great internet speed up here in cold and rainy Seattle, but I would much rather be down there with all of you and my slow internet connection than up here working on my taxes.

My computer wouldn't know what to do with that kind of speed.  It would probably melt.

Peter, this from my son in Ottawa, nyah nyah:

jrm30655: try resetting the modem by sticking a pin or paper clip in the little hole in the back, and hold until all the lights go off or go nuts. Then test again. Also, do two tests in a row.

SpeedTestFTTH.JPG

Archived