Chapala.com Webboard

ISO Calcium Carbonate

3 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

"carbonato de calcio" is available in powder form at "farmacias".

I've visited seven pharmacies  Lakeside, and not one of them carried it. They carry the pills for medical use, that's not what I'm looking for. :( 

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I believe this is "Jal" in Spanish, not "Cal". Are you making whitewash? I have a lot of recipes and alkali resistant, UV stable pigments. I have never made casein, or "milk" paints.

Thanks Chillin.' It's for chalk paint. I use plaster of paris too, but prefer the calcium carbonate. :)

I believe I bought it in a ferreteria, use it for paper-making. But it mght have been Comex in Ajijic near Oxxo. Sorry for the lack of clarity. If it was good for memory enhancement, I`d mix up some right now.

DeborahM, I have about a pound of it that you are welcome to.

4 hours ago, DeborahM said:

WOW bdmowers, I would be THRILLED po purchase from you! pm-ing you. THANK YOU!!

Did you try PM'ing? I don`t think the new system is allowing me to accept messages. Since I don`t want to give out my  email or  tel number publicly, we can just make a time and place to meet.

4 hours ago, bdmowers said:

Did you try PM'ing? I don`t think the new system is allowing me to accept messages. Since I don`t want to give out my  email or  tel number publicly, we can just make a time and place to meet.

Yes, I DID pm you here as well. :( Sorry it didn't get through to you. 

I can be anywhere between San Juan Cosala and Chapala any time at all on either Saturday or Sunday. Just let me know when and where would suit you. THANKS again! 

Archived