Chapala.com Webboard

Where to find a 'stun baton'

Does anyone know where to obtain a stun gun or preferably stun baton in the Lake Chapala area?

I have seen them in a store on the square in Ajijic. If I remember correctly they had several and one looked like a cell phone. It may have been more of a novelty than defensive.

BUT

I have no idea on the quality. If it just makes them mad it may make the situation worse.

AND

I would check on the legality.

There are a few options.  I got my off Amazon USA, which has a much wider selection. However, I highly doubt that it will get past customs if its shipped from the US to here.  And, if someone tries to bring it in via a flight into MX, it could cause nothing but trouble. I was very fortunate as some very considerate people happened to be in the US when I was in need of one, and offered to have it delivered to their house and they drove it into MX for me.

That being said, Amazon MX may have some options, along with the MercadoLibre as someone else posted, and there will be no customs issues of if getting seized.  I've also heard that in one of those gigantic markets in Guad there is a vendor who sells them.

Good luck! Best safety purchase I've made.  Its legal, can also serve as a baton to crack skulls and kneecaps if needed, and mine has a very strong flashlight built it. 

11 hours ago, Serenity6 said:

Good luck! Best safety purchase I've made.  Its legal, can also serve as a baton to crack skulls and kneecaps if needed, and mine has a very strong flashlight built it. 

"Crack skulls and kneecaps"??

Actually I find it a brilliant idea with a batton.   However this implies to me something 18" long which I have never seen locally.   The "police" stun gun is only 6" more or less and that's too close for comfort breaking up a dog attack.   If you google Hughs Protection you can find exactly what you want but it would, imo, have to coincide with you driving to the US.  Not something I'd want someone else to undertake.

Guest bennie2

embellished tabloid sensationalist style. hardly an advertisment for ajijic. whats next? "how my stungun broke myown kneecaps" "warning to all" 

If you've never been in a situation where your own pet has been attacked by 2 dogs while you have it on a leash, you can be thankful.  I wouldn't be too quick to judge those that HAVE been in a similar situation and had to pay the vet bill along with helping in the healing process because you had no way of stopping the attack.   

2 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

Dear god. Just what we need here a bunch of ageing nobs brandishing tazers stun sticks or whatever on the streets.   This isnt america you know.

Tazers aren't legal here but do they really do that in America?  Old people brandishing tazer stun sticks?  Must be funny to watch an aging gang fight.  

Guest bennie2

mhopkins2 we are responding to another member who is telling us how to use it. if you want your stungun you can keep your stungun. maybe this is the reason i stay away from locations where aging expats run rampart. 

Archived