Chapala.com Webboard

Recommendation for orthopedic surgery (hip replacement) in Laredo?

Have been fighting with the VA for procedure here in México but no luck. The best I could do is get the Choice Card (Tri-West) that allows you to go outside the VA (I am registered in Phoenix) for services from providers in the U.S, that have been approved. I am thinking that Laredo would be a good choice if I could find a great orthopedic group or surgeon there.Any recommendations? Gracias.

Look to go to San Antonio, many good hospitals and ortho's to choose from and Va is widely accepted due to the numerous retired military as well as several military hospitals..

The reason I was thinking Laredo is that I can get transportation from here and back through a couple of courier services that I have a business relationship with since my mobility is limited due to the hip problem. I know that both San Antonio and McAllen are close to Laredo but both would require additional transportation and this would be difficult. Laredo is large city and I was hoping to get driven right to a medical facility there. 

Archived