Chapala.com Webboard

PSA: Pervert in Villa Nova

cbviajero: Of course dogs with owners of any background can attack.  My point was clearly restricted to some foreigners who come here and allow their dogs to run free and attack, and who always respond with, "Its MEXICO!  There are no laws (wrong, there are) for dogs here!"  So, I don't quite understand the purpose of your post.  Also, if the attacks involved you, report them otherwise nothing will change.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was a high school senior we were taken on a class field trip to local court. There maybe 25 or so, mixed genders. We entered the courtroom and there was man in his thirties, his arm glommed onto his girlfriend/wife. When he saw all us students, his face dropped, and he grew pale. The judge came into hear the case. He had drove into a popular "drive in" restaurant, ordered takeout, and when the young girl went to bring his order, she saw that he had no pants on and was playing with himself! The teenagers, of course, were chortling and OMGing. The man was humiliated much more than the likely small fine for a first offence.
Another time, another field trip, we went to the big court and we had the choice of visiting the morgue, or the court. Of course I chose the morgue, and was as boring as I should have known it would be. Friends who went to the court, said I really missed out, there was a woman, charged with solicitation, and she flashed the judge her bare breasts!

I think a lot of students decided enter into law that day (mind you, in that neighborhood many of their fathers were already successful lawyers).

If the perp is a foreigner, I would suggest that you file a complaint with the ministerio publico, take the documentation to Immigration.  They will flag his visa and follow up with an investigation and possible deportation.  That may help.

2 hours ago, Saturn said:

Do you not think your comments are degrading to women in general, the situation, and Serenity6?

No I don't.

Perhaps you're not familiar with the prior posts of the OP..

1 minute ago, cbviajero said:

No I don't.

Perhaps you're not familiar with the prior posts of the OP..

I am familiar with Serenity's previous posts. I will not judge her. Neither you nor I know first hand. But those comments ARE degrading. 

13 minutes ago, Saturn said:

I am familiar with Serenity's previous posts. I will not judge her. Neither you nor I know first hand. But those comments ARE degrading. 

I have also read Serenity's previous posts. What concerns me is the unnecessary and unhelpful personal attack cbviajero posted. 

When reading a post its is very helpful to look back over other things the OP has posted.  It's gives you a little insight in to the person..  Certain people on this board keep the rest of us safe because everything seems to happen to them....   Just saying..

cbviajero is always on top of pointing out something negative or snarky about me. Today its "drama queen".  He doesn't like it when someone disagrees with him, and does not fail to respond in a snide manner.  7 dogs off-leash maul and nearly kill my dog? I'm a 'drama queen'.  A doctor injects me with the wrong medication and denies me an ambulance (a potential crime) and leaves me on his tile floor from 5pm until midnight while I am in severe medical distress? Drama queen.  A sexual predator gets virtually naked and spanks the monkey after hiding himself in a manner intended so I would encounter him at the last minute? I'm a drama queen.  Two dogs run out of their front door and one rips open my hand?  I'm a drama queen. 

I post about these issues to warn others as I don't want the same thing happening to them.  I suppose that makes me a drama queen in his eyes? I suppose he'd rather not know if his wife is walking in an area where there's a sexual predator? Rather, I see his incessant need to always offer some snide rejoinder to my posts - that have absolutely nothing to do with him - as him being a drama queen.   He always has the option to simply ignore what I post as he clearly feels they are of no use or benefit to him.

Bookwork:  yes, you are confused. Please re-read my initial post where I specifically stated I did not realize he parked his van a block ahead of me.  I couldn't even see it parked from where I was walking by nature of the curvature of the road. Also, I did not state he planted himself "in the planter box".  How much more clear do I need to be that he situated himself in a manner whereby he was nearly hidden until I was about 3 feet away?  And I'm not sure what you mean about your comment regarding grey vans.  Do grey vans mean the driver is a sexual predator?  I noticed him at a 4-foot distance, he was covered from the back so I had no idea his clothes were down and within one second I armed my taser and took one step which brought me within 3 feet of him which was also the first point where I had a direct and unhindered line of sight of him at my right.  And that's when I saw what he was doing.   Stop blaming the victim.

Yeah, I've had some unfortunate things happen here, and I've also had some great experiences here, but I didn't think people wanted to hear about a great yoga studio I frequent, or where I enjoy lap swimming, or about this wonderful friend I made.   I had over 200 PMs where people thanked me for letting them know about the doctor, and plenty of other PMs where people wanted to know where dog attacks occurred so they could take precautions.  Why not inform the public if something dangerous has/can occur and they can either ignore it or seek more information?

Edit: Cbviajero:  I have an idea.  You seem to spend an awful amount of time reading and responding to my posts, which clearly annoy you and of which you feel are useless and of no value whatsoever.   How about you simply...ignore them and move on to more interesting and relevant matters?  Or are you just so terribly bothered that you cannot help yourself?   You should spend your free time doing enjoyable things!

3 hours ago, Kiko said:

If the perp is a foreigner, I would suggest that you file a complaint with the ministerio publico, take the documentation to Immigration.  They will flag his visa and follow up with an investigation and possible deportation.  That may help.

Kiko, he is (appears to be) Mexican, and right now I don't feel I have enough evidence to take to the police.  What could they do? I can't even tell them the model of the van (pretty sure it was a Dodge, but not certain.) But if I can get more evidence (which is why I am being a 'drama queen' and warning other people here) then I can file a formal complaint.

Because someone appears to be Mexican does not mean he is a Mexican national.  Many Mexican-Americans live in this area, some with dual citizenship, however many are of American citizenship.  Many crimes are not reported because for whatever reason.  Despite the weak Mexican jurisprudence system, there are always alternative ways to deal with these issues, but that requires effort.  Those who take no action will always be victims.  Your call.

24 minutes ago, Kiko said:

Because someone appears to be Mexican does not mean he is a Mexican national.  Many Mexican-Americans live in this area, some with dual citizenship, however many are of American citizenship.  Many crimes are not reported because for whatever reason.  Despite the weak Mexican jurisprudence system, there are always alternative ways to deal with these issues, but that requires effort.  Those who take no action will always be victims.  Your call.

You're correct -  I should not have assumed "Mexican" and instead have said appears to be local.  As for notifying the police, do you think I should still file a report w/o having info on the license plate? I am less concerned about me and more concerned about kids/other women and would feel terrible if something happened to someone else.  Do you think the police want to hear about it even w/o my having hard evidence?  I must say, with the 2 dog attacks I reported, they were nothing but gracious and actually thanked me for taking the time to come in.   

Usually I do not let a minority opinion dissuade me from doing what I feel is the right thing to do, but even here on this board we have had 2 instances of victim-blaming.  One refers to me being a 'drama queen' and the other says I should have known the guy was was going to get naked and beat the meat and changed my route.  Reporting a dog attack w/photographic evidence is easy.  Reporting a sexual predator in graphic detail with with zero evidence but my testimony is something different. 

That being said, I think you are right.  However uncomfortable it may be for me, its worth doing.  I see those cop trucks patrolling regularly in my area and if I report it, they can keep an eye out for that model van and the description of the guy.  I can also try and find a stock image of the van and print it out for the police.

Thanks for the encouragement.

And for those few of you who are victim blaming, eat it.  Would you respond this way if it were your wife, daughter or sister that encountered this deviant?

Edit:  I think I was right about it being an early-model Dodge.  The stock image link here is of a very similar-looking van. 2nd generation Dodge Caravan from '94-'95. I remember the hood ornament.  Front plate mounted on the left, very dark tint on windows, low front end, and obviously not blue, but with the crappy grey/primer paint.  Please keep an eye out for this van and if you see it, I'd appreciate a photo and location.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Caravan#/media/File:2nd-Dodge-Caravan.jpg

Victim blaming:  If you weren't there to witness the event, you have no right to judge. Even if you are, what you "see" is often based on what you assume.   This forum may have rules of behavior, but they are often more honored in the breach than in the spirit of observance.  It can be subtly or openly brutal, and I have to admire Serenity 6 for her fortitude in hanging in there.

As for having a series of bad events happen; sometimes a person finds themselves in a "sh...t cycle"  for months or even years. It usually passes, but when you're in it.........it's the pitts. Little black cloud over your head.   Been there, haven't you?
We can hear a story of misfortune and it's easy to say "woulda coulda shoulda"  but in the moment is another matter.  We can't carry an over/under shotgun with us on our daily walks.  That's a shame sometimes.;)

Hang in there, Serenity. You take the risk of posting unpleasant news--and, for sure, you're going to get blamed by some for whatever it is and however you handled it--but I appreciate your messages of warnings that might be helpful to others. It's also a pleasure to read your well-written reports.

Lexy

Gringal and Lexy....well said. Bravo! 

Serenity....I have been in several shit cycles in my life, that lasted years.  Stuff happened, one thing after another,  that most people wouldn't believe if they saw it in a movie or read it in a book. Sooner or later, everyone gets some crap. And sooner or later, it passes and changes to happiness. Be who you are.

Such nice messages from nice, reasonable people.  Its terribly unpleasant to have some curmudgeon you've never met get so hateful.  Especially when their reading comprehension is so poor that they accuse me of knowingly walking towards a naked man, whom I saw park and get out of his Dodge Pervert van in Pedophile-Grey, climb into a  planter-box, drops his pants, lift his shirt and start whacking away in full view. And silly me, I simply stared at him and kept walking towards him for a good city block and only at the last minute did it dawn on me that maybe such was not a bright idea. 

6 minutes ago, Serenity6 said:

Such nice messages from nice, reasonable people.  Its terribly unpleasant to have some curmudgeon you've never met get so hateful.  Especially when their reading comprehension is so poor that they accuse me of knowingly walking towards a naked man, whom I saw park and get out of his Dodge Pervert van in Pedophile-Grey, climb into a  planter-box, drops his pants, lift his shirt and start whacking away in full view. And silly me, I simply stared at him and kept walking towards him for a good city block and only at the last minute did it dawn on me that maybe such was not a bright idea. 

Don't feel silly...at least not  in a bad way! Sounds like something I would have done. 

Serenity, please stop writing vivid descriptions of something you saw that you did not want to see but now make us see along with you over and over. You can warn people of a danger without the X-rated descriptions. Perhaps that is what Viajero is referring to when he says you are a drama queen. 

2 hours ago, Serenity6 said:

And silly me, I simply stared at him and kept walking towards him for a good city block and only at the last minute did it dawn on me that maybe such was not a bright idea. 

Yeah, probably not a bright idea,most people would simply cross the street and avert their eyes rather than stare at him....

33 minutes ago, cbviajero said:

Yeah, probably not a bright idea,most people would simply cross the street and avert their eyes rather than stare at him....

Or,  taken a phone out and taken a picture in between pointing and laughing and ruining his good time.  

Archived