Chapala.com Webboard

PSA: Pervert in Villa Nova

This happened today, at 7pm.   I took my usual doggie walk route, which includes walking down Rio Yaqui from Rancho del Oro into Villa Nova.  As has occurred before, a man driving an old-model beat-up van (of course it has to involve a van) drives slowly past me.    His usual thing is to drive slowly when he nears me, and I glare into his open window, catch him staring, and he speeds up.

While I've figured he just happens to leave work around the same time I walk my dog, my gut instinct told me something is off. It occurred again today, and stupid me, I was not paying attention and did not realize that he drove a block ahead and parked right at the intersection of Rio Yaqui and De La Hacienda (a T-intersection) right in front of a beige home (I think its called Casa Mina? A very nice-looking home.)    I continued walking on the sidewalk until I realized he was leaning on one of those 3-feet high stone planter boxers, with his back against me.  Something felt very wrong so I armed my taser.

As I passed within three feet, to my horror I realized he had pulled his t-shirt high up, and pulled his shorts and underwear completely down to his ankles and was calmly masturbating. Broad daylight, full view of anyone who walked by.

I RAN.  Got to safe distance, stopped, and realized it only excited him more and now he was furiously spanking away.  A more vile scene I cannot describe.  He could be between 25-40, black curly hair, mustache, overweight.  I had my taser turned on and screamed at him to go away or I was calling the police.  He stayed until he 'finished', walked casually to his van, and drove towards Carretera.

There are many little girls who play in that area, and I need not say how a man as sick as this can easily graduate from stalking single women and jerking off in their presence to doing a lot worse.  For now on, I will always walk with my phone so I can get a pic of his license and give it to the police.

I warned two young, attractive women living in a home in that very area.  I want to warn others as well. The van's paint job is a mess of a grey - almost looks like mostly primer. The front license plate (which was too far for me to read) is mounted not in the center but on the left side of the bumper.  I could not make out the model, but imagine a beat-up van with a sloped front-end where the driver  can easily see over the hood (ie nothing like a VW-bus or a minivan.)

Ladies:  please be careful and aware.

On an unrelated note, I just have not had good luck walking in my area.  5 weeks ago, walking in the middle of the road on quiet Rio Amazonas, a huge,  male Rottweiler ran full-throttle out of the open door of his house as the female owner was pulling her car in. I tell you, that dog looked like the size of an ox with it jumping, barking, snarling and ready to kill.  I only had a long stick, and before I could even react, it clamped on my right hand, ripped it open and yanked so hard it nearly dislocated my shoulder.  Then, dog #2 runs out, and with blood gushing, I try to fight off both dogs with a stick.  The owner was not capable of doing anything to call off the dogs.  Two days later when I returned to the house to speak to the owner, I was told it was "my fault" because their dog "doesn't like sticks", and "yeah, the dog is prone to running out and attacking."

Huh? You know this, yet you leave your door open? Response to that was, "Well, what do you expect us to do? How else can we keep our dog in?"  

"Perhaps...ensure the front door to your home is firmly closed?"

No apology, no nothing, and my fear is the next attack victim will be a kid.  Took it to the police, who treated me very well (and treated the dog owners with respect during the ensuing hearing).  I cannot express enough that if you are attacked, please report it.  The police even drove me to the Ecologia Dep't  (they are located on the 2nd floor of the Chapala City Hall building, and they respond to dog complaints and other ecological issues such as trees/etc that need to be trimmed to be safe.)  Ecologia visited their home and the police issued requirements by which the owners must abide .  What's so disappointing is had these owners simply been responsible, apologized and assured me it would never occur again, I never would have gone to the police.  But, to blame the victim and pretend you cannot control your own dog from running out of your home from attacking people is just unacceptable.  This woman has owned a dog in the past who attacked a kid, and the dog had to be put down.  Some people are just not fit to own large, protective dogs.

So, there you have it.  Pervert in Villa Nova who likes to beat the meat in public. Hopefully, the Rott and other dog on Rio Amazonas will not be an issue any longer (I had 4 separate households complain to me about those dogs being aggressive).  I wish I had some form of eye bleach to erase the van-guy image from my brain.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bless your heart! What an afternoon you've had......Years ago, in Houston, I pulled up to a red light and realized the driver of the adjacent car was trying to make eye contact with me. He was shirtless, wearing a hard hat, and furiously spanking his monkey. I rolled down the window, looked directly at him, and said, "Why, that looks JUST like a penis, only smaller...." Light changed and I didn't look back.

11 minutes ago, camillenparadise said:

Bless your heart! What an afternoon you've had......Years ago, in Houston, I pulled up to a red light and realized the driver of the adjacent car was trying to make eye contact with me. He was shirtless, wearing a hard hat, and furiously spanking his monkey. I rolled down the window, looked directly at him, and said, "Why, that looks JUST like a penis, only smaller...." Light changed and I didn't look back.

HA!  I wish I knew enough Spanish to respond like that.  But without the safety of being in a car, I'd still be scared that he'd be crazy enough to run after me and hurt me.  Its just revolting that there are men out there who do this.  Its sick, disgusting, and while I was lucky as a kid and escaped 2 men who tried to do bad things to me and my 7 year old friend, I genuinely fear for the young girls (and women of all ages) who could easily be followed or watched by this pervert, as I was for at least 2 months, while giving him the benefit of the doubt that his presence at the start of my walk was down to coincidental timing.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Serenity. Well done and well written. You're a talented writer. It's clear and down to the point.

Just reading about it gives me an image that I wouldn't have liked to see. And the dog incident must have been traumatizing.

I hope you can forget about it soon.

You know what infuriated me about the dog incident? At the hearing the woman lied, said I injured myself, that it was just a "scratch" and that I was "screaming and hysterical". Well, damn right I was screaming!  Let's see how calm she'd be if her hand was ripped open and two very large dogs were continuing with their attack, which is a terrifying, flight or fight experience.  She also lied and stated the Ecologia guy never came to her house. The cop was having none of it, got that guy on the phone on the spot who told him he most certainly went to her house and inspected the property and the dogs. What did she think such lies would accomplish? My yelling was part fear, and part of trying to get the dogs to re-think their idea to continue the attack.  I'd have been toast had I not had that long stick.  To top it off, during her panic she hit the garage-close door button, so she and her unleashed, attacking dogs and I were all locked outside her house.

Each dog attack always seems to come from a non-Mexican. Each time the excuse is, "I don't need a leash, this is MEXICO."  They think that its ok to flaunt the laws simply because its Mexico. Generally,  I do not care if someone has their dog off-leash so long as the dog is calm, controlled, responds to commands, etc.  The dog can still attack or get hurt so I realize a blanket rule requiring all dogs be on leash is best.  Its just so irritating that each dog attack has come from a gringo owner who respond with the "its Mexico, the laws don't mean anything here, therefore I get to be an irresponsible a-hole."

Ok, rant over. Thanks for your kind words.

You are allowed in Mexico to carry the shocker device that sparks when you push the button and electrically shocks when touching human or animal.  They are about the size of an old big remote and legal.  You cannot have things that send out a wire and shocks like a Taser.  Buy one of these shocking devices and when you hit the button sparking is going on with a big sparking noise and I have found dogs are scared of this just from the noise. No need to have contact with device most of the time.  I use a big heavy walking stick of which I am sure the dog has been hit with many times from others like you with sticks.  Time for you to up the anty and don't let these assholes change your life. You may also use it to chase the pervert I let you use your imagination onto where to shock him.  

Lcscats  Yes - i have the legal version (not the one with flying prongs).  Its a baton/flashlight combo, so very useful in a dog fight as you don't have to reach your arm deep in the fanged-melee blender-type situation. And the baton factor is good if you feel inclined to take a whack at the kneecaps or skull of an attacker.  And you're right about the dogs - there is this one rooftop dog that I know will eventually jump in for an aerial attack as its not that far off the ground and the dog is pretty springy.  I made a few zaps in its direction and much to my pleasure it finally stopped snarling, put its tail between its legs and crept away.

I thought I read that she armed her taser. Why not shoot hit him on his hoohaw with it? I bet that would ruin his fun.

"Something felt very wrong so I armed my taser."

When I was a teenager a man walked past a friend and I with his business hanging out. I asked my friend if she saw it and she didn't so we turned around and followed him so she could get a look. He took off running. We ran after him into a store, up and down aisles until a police officer stopped us and asked what we were doing. Reality set in and it was embarrassing trying to explain to a cop,  who was trying very hard to keep a straight face,  that we passed a flasher and my friend missed being flashed so we were trying to catch him so she could get a look.

I bet that man went home for the rest of the day.

15 hours ago, Lulugirl said:

You sure have rotten luck.

Lulu girl, I know you mean that kindly but we all have to realize that this really isn't about rotten luck, its a safety and security issue that is out of control.  This is neither the fault of Serenity nor of her "luck". There are far too many of these incidences around here.

Semalu:  I have no idea what the problem is.  Do I have to activate something to receive PMs?  I'll dig around and see what I can come up with.

And thank you for the gentle reminder that luck notwithstanding, this is a big safety issue.  A grown man who stalks women and plants/hides himself purposely so I'd come up right behind him, within 3 feet, while he's virtually naked and jerking off?  What if he snatched me? What about the other women that walk in the area and the little kids that I see playing there?  This asswipe was 'following' me for at least several weeks.  You are absolutely right, jokes aside, this vile sack of filth is very capable of really hurting someone.

Joco:  I thought I read that she armed her taser. Why not shoot hit him on his hoohaw with it? I bet that would ruin his fun.

My taser isn't the type that has flying prongs.  There are a few buttons and switches that 'activate' the taser function.  I've practiced a lot since I purchased it so in emergencies I'm not fumbling around. I actually have to touch the attacker with the end of my taser, which in this case would have required me to approach him and I was not about to do that.  Of course, if he came after me, I would not have hesitated in tasing him in every imaginable place, then smashing his face in.  Just one punch from him and I'd be knocked out and he could easily have dragged me into his van.

4 hours ago, Semalu said:

Lulu girl, I know you mean that kindly but we all have to realize that this really isn't about rotten luck, its a safety and security issue that is out of control.  This is neither the fault of Serenity nor of her "luck". There are far too many of these incidences around here.

Semalu, I only meant that Serenity has had some very colourful experiences here including one extremely bad one with a doctor, another with a creep that lives in her neighbourhood, etc. and now with a pervert all of which she posted about here if you do a search.  I would call that bad luck.  If all that had happened to me, I'd think I had extremely bad luck.

5 hours ago, Serenity6 said:

Joco:  I thought I read that she armed her taser. Why not shoot hit him on his hoohaw with it? I bet that would ruin his fun.

My taser isn't the type that has flying prongs.  There are a few buttons and switches that 'activate' the taser function.  I've practiced a lot since I purchased it so in emergencies I'm not fumbling around. I actually have to touch the attacker with the end of my taser, which in this case would have required me to approach him and I was not about to do that.  Of course, if he came after me, I would not have hesitated in tasing him in every imaginable place, then smashing his face in.  Just one punch from him and I'd be knocked out and he could easily have dragged me into his van.

Try wasp spray. I've never used it but I have read here that it is very effective at stopping people.

It is very rare for an exhibitionist to attack anyone. His thrill is in shocking and frightening you. If you laugh at him, it ruins his fun. Take pictures. That is also a buzz kill. 

Serenity6:

We now have a Facebook page for residents of Villa Nova and it is called:  Villa Nova Ajijic.  I copied your message about the van guy and pasted it onto that Facebook page, in hopes that the information will reach more Villa Nova residents, who can be on the lookout for that person.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any more problems or issues within Villa Nova or even in Rancho del Oro, since a lot of us walk in both communities daily.  I will help publish the information.

OMIGOSH!!

I am SO sorry for your troubling experiences, and THANK YOU for alerting us to dangers like these.

Your writing is wonderfully evocative! Do you blog?

I laughed till I cried when I read that you wished you had "eye bleach!"  Wouldn't we ALL wish that, for  some of life's past experiences?

Nicolas: THANK YOU! That is exactly the reason why I posted it. Not to whine, but to warn other people.  I am sure that people will recognize that grey/primer van if they see it. If they can take a photo of it w/the plate and get it to me, I can see if its the one and then take it to the police.   This vile sack of filth likely doesn't just stalk and do this to me, but to other women and maybe children.  I think he simply took it to the next level when he chose to get out of his van and plant himself by that planter box, knowing I'd walk up right past him.  Really appreciate you spreading the word as I am trying to do the same.

Deborah: There are actually websites dedicated for eye bleach needs, containing a veritable cornucopia of photos of cute kittens, baby animals and the like.  I should just stare at those for a few hours with my eyes pronged open with meathooks a la A Clockwork Orange.  I don't blog as quite honestly my life is pretty boring and uneventful, but I really appreciate the kind words.

On 19/5/2016 at 10:12 PM, Serenity6 said:

Each dog attack always seems to come from a non-Mexican.

There have been three dog attacks on our block recently,the dogs/barkers/attackers are all owned by single Mexican women of a certain age.

Archived