Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car


Recommended Posts

My partner has an older Canadian car with long-expired Canadian plates, and he does not maintain a Canadian address any more. He has just successfully obtained Estado de Mexico plates and registration for this car, at a quite reasonable cost, thru an expediter who lives here in Ajijic. If you would like info about this, please PM me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayBearII said:

My partner has an older Canadian car with long-expired Canadian plates, and he does not maintain a Canadian address any more. He has just successfully obtained Estado de Mexico plates and registration for this car, at a quite reasonable cost, thru an expediter who lives here in Ajijic. If you would like info about this, please PM me.

If you can't even import them at the border thru the aduana what makes you think that some "expediter"in Ajijic can get you legitimate plates from el Estado de Mexico?? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cbviajero said:

If you can't even import them at the border thru the aduana what makes you think that some "expediter"in Ajijic can get you legitimate plates from el Estado de Mexico?? 

 Because folks believe what they want to believe....

JaybearII, this info might be very important to the general readers of this Forum. If you are of a mind, could/would you Post the 'generalities' of the process if not the specifics?

 

19 minutes ago, cbviajero said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not properly done,

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Your friend got scammed. Take the "registration" to recaudadora in Chapala and see how they react.........

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Illegal. You can only nationalize when you receive a pedimento from Aduana and factura from an approved broker. One can not nationalize and get plates without a vehicle inspection. Take car to Aduana and show documents. The car owner will likely be walking home.

Now go and get an local emissions test and apply for plates as noted above.

4 cars from SMA area confiscated with EdoMex plates. Another was just inside the border at Nuevo Laredo. Since in the "zone" he was told go to INM, turn in your PR visa and come back as a tourist with US plates. He got to keep his car. 

Get in an accident and hope not in jail.

The plates come through what is called the Mexican Mafia

Again, covered on my web site.

At this time no car can be legally nationalized without s stolen report.

I find it interesting how many find fraud and corruption is OK when it suits them.

saludos

Sonia

PS it may be on REPUVE because the fraud runs so deep.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JayBearII said:

My partner has an older Canadian car with long-expired Canadian plates, and he does not maintain a Canadian address any more. He has just successfully obtained Estado de Mexico plates and registration for this car, at a quite reasonable cost, thru an expediter who lives here in Ajijic. If you would like info about this, please PM me.

I would feel safer driving on the old expired Canadian plates. I think someone in DF is missing their license plates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have went for the Mexico DF plates, they are only 300 pesos more. New plates, new window sticker, tarejeta de circulatione (with microchip, good for 3 years, and repuve entry. In D.F., if you forget to renew your tarajeta, it is quite expensive to get back on board. Who does them? Not telling - it takes years in Mexico to build trustworthy connections, especially ones with real power. The legal hierarchy in Mexico has Customs Broker Lawyers, at the bottom, next up, Immigration lawyers, then Criminal Lawyers, then Real Estate and Litigation. The top is all about handling money, big, stinking chunks of money.

Same all over the world. Lawyers and Salespeople run this world.

http://www.shouldyoubealawyer.com/willyoumakeasecuresalary.htm

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Was the nationalization done by Carman, at BARRAGAN & ASOCIADOS ?

It was not nationalized. It is fraud and corruption.

saludos

Sonia

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless your car get Jalisco plates and you have a pedimento and car was really taken for verification, you do not have legal plates and if your car gets towed or checked out by federal police or SAT you will face fines and confiscation.  You have been warned.  For those who dont want to hear the truth for purposes of plausible denial, I hear Walmart has a sale on soap on the rope. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard there is a facilitator in the barber shop in Chapala who can get you permanent residency for $500MX also has a special paper allowing use of foreign plated vehicle because of low income ability to buy a new car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Intercasa said:

Unless your car get Jalisco plates and you have a pedimento and car was really taken for verification, you do not have legal plates and if your car gets towed or checked out by federal police or SAT you will face fines and confiscation.  You have been warned.  For those who dont want to hear the truth for purposes of plausible denial, I hear Walmart has a sale on soap on the rope. 

 

21 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Just heard there is a facilitator in the barber shop in Chapala who can get you permanent residency for $500MX also has a special paper allowing use of foreign plated vehicle because of low income ability to buy a new car.

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Was the nationalization done by Carman, at BARRAGAN & ASOCIADOS ?

 

5 hours ago, Sonia said:

It was not nationalized. It is fraud and corruption.

saludos

Sonia


My post was prompted by a post I saw advertising that Carman, from this attorney's office, could nationalize cars.  I know it's illegal, but I'd like to know who, locally, is "importing" Canadian cars.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard from my gardener's nephew's third wife's stepson that a bruja living on the south shore can cast a spell on your car so anyone looking at it thinks the car is legal and never asks for proof. I am thinking that this would not only be cheaper than the OP's partner's solution but as likely to protect my car and keep me out of trouble. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is liability only insurance for your Mexican Registered Vehicle (you can get collision, but it is not worth the blood pressure to deal with a claim). $162 US per year, $25 addon for under insured protection. Lewis and Lewis, representing Qualitas

ttps://secure.mexicanautoinsurance.com/buy/mexican-registered-vehicle-insurance/mexican-registered-vehicle.lasso

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if an insurance company sells you insurance for a fraudulently plated car, good luck getting them to pay up if you have an accident. It will be thoroughly investigated by the insurers, you can be sure. You'll lose the car, and if you caused damage or injury to someone else, I imagine you'll go directly to jail.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...