Chapala.com Webboard

Help identify this smart sweet natured dog and/or his owner

Photos below!

EXTREMELY social, intact male.  Black with white star/patch of fur on his chest.  

Chunky black nose, fluffy snout and beautiful teeth.

Loves all other dogs, and longs to play with them.

About two months ago, he showed up on the streets and we received reports 

of what looked like a PWD.  He started out by hanging out at the greens at Alta Rivera,

where the dogs play.

(He is not a PWD)

He appears domesticated, socialized

and most certainly has not always been a street dog. 

Has been spotted hiking in the Ajijic Mountains in the morning, dining in front

of the Ajijic square Butcher Shop, as they are shutting down for the day, and 

seems to finish off his day by going down to the malecon at the end of the day. 

Our friend asked the locals what is this dogs story.  Be it on the malacon, square

or mountain. They all say the same... He is homeless...

a street dog, without owner.  He tries to take up with anyone who will pay him 

attention, and is always sweet, gentle and playful as can be, to all other dogs.  

DOES ANYONE RECOGNIZE WHO THIS DOG IS, OR WHO HIS OWNERS MAY 

HAVE BEEN?  Other.s have said he must be an abandoned dog which was left

behind when owners moved.  Such a sweet upbeat disposition.  All he wants to do is frolic

with other dogs and follow anyone home who shows him affection.

He appears in perfect health, and has beautiful white teeth.  We think he is young due 

to his health, teeth and playfulness. 

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG

sweet_dog.png

IMG_2177.JPG

9 hours ago, Cookie said:

A bath and a comb out and he's going to be a beauty!!!

Yes!

...and the trick is, is to make certain he does not have an owner, thus we have been asking around regularly, for with a personality like this, tears would be shed if he went missing.   We have covered three areas, in the past 6 weeks, where he hangs out thus far.  Poor baby is looking a little desperate these days in wanting to go with people or be petted. 

The locals that noted his arrival approx 2 - 3 months ago, say he is a street dog, most likely abandoned.

The dog says... "nuff of this, I want a bath and a family!"  

But, we must be certain first, so any sightings of this dog... areas you have seen him... let us know and I will go to those areas with his photos to question people.  Thanks for the help!

I am recently bereaved of my great dog friend after 12 years and interested in adopting this dog, if still available. I have two others, one older, one middle aged, playful and kind. They would be happy to have a new friend.

If you send a phone number I will call you. Thanks.

IMBURNEN - The dog is on the street; I doubt that anyone would have more information than is already posted. the original post tells you where you are likely to find him.

Also check at the Ranch and Lucky Dog; both places have older (3+ yr old) dogs that are often passed up for puppies or small dogs. The shelter dogs will already have been vaccinated, altered, etc.

Thanks for the information. I was in class until 1 today but would like to come to The Ranch one day next week. If you recommend a good time and day, I'll be there. I'm definitely in the market for the dog no one else wants-have been doing rescue for many years and those are the ones who get left behind...so please, let me know a good time to visit. And thanks to all responders!

I've met Jenny.  She's sweet.  Some white whiskers make her look older than her 2 years but the love doesn't come from the whiskers.

This post lost its original focus, unfortunately. OP Portimon was telling of wonderful homeless dog and provided pictures. There was some interest from posters. Why hop in with other available dogs? Yes, they need homes, of course, but you interrupt the thread and confuse things, as you can see.

PLEASE let us know if the dog Portimon was posting about has got a new loving owner. For goodness sake, he was on his way to getting a home and now we're talking about Jenny. That's not fair.

Lexy

2 hours ago, Lexy said:

This post lost its original focus, unfortunately. OP Portimon was telling of wonderful homeless dog and provided pictures. There was some interest from posters. Why hop in with other available dogs? Yes, they need homes, of course, but you interrupt the thread and confuse things, as you can see.

PLEASE let us know if the dog Portimon was posting about has got a new loving owner. For goodness sake, he was on his way to getting a home and now we're talking about Jenny. That's not fair.

Lexy

This is true, perhaps another dog would be adopted from a shelter but this one was going to bypass that and go straight to a home. Now he may end up in a shelter and never find a home.

15 hours ago, Lexy said:

Lexy

I AGREE, START A NEW THREAD PLEASE.  It is hard to read through it for all those wonderful info posts on here... to find the ones that apply to this sweet fellow.  Those interested please write to me with your name and number.  The first purpose of this post was to figure out if anyone knew this dog or his owners.  If we rule out that he is owned, then I can find him again, and call a phone number of an interested person.  He will stay put with us as he really does not have anywhere to go and is hungry for companionship.   Just PM me with your phone number and name.  I will carry that info with us and when he pops up yet again I will go through that list.  Everyone is still saying (on the streets) that he is without a home and out all hours of night and day!

On May 17, 2016 at 8:36 PM, mistermister said:

I met this dog last week when I was at the Plaza and he and my dog played a lot.  He seems to be a very nice dog, is he adoptable at this point.

yes, he is adoptable.  A dozen more people said in both spanish and english he is a street dog, likely abandoned.. Please PM me!

On May 20, 2016 at 2:55 PM, IMBurnen said:

I am recently bereaved of my great dog friend after 12 years and interested in adopting this dog, if still available. I have two others, one older, one middle aged, playful and kind. They would be happy to have a new friend.

If you send a phone number I will call you. Thanks.

Please PM me... This dog is a find. He would love friends more than anything in the world other than a home.  I will phone you when you send me that PM.

23 hours ago, IMBurnen said:

Thanks for the information. I was in class until 1 today but would like to come to The Ranch one day next week. If you recommend a good time and day, I'll be there. I'm definitely in the market for the dog no one else wants-have been doing rescue for many years and those are the ones who get left behind...so please, let me know a good time to visit. And thanks to all responders!

We bump into him all the time... leave me your name and phone number, in a PM and I will call you.  

So it appears that this sweet playful pooch has people interested in him.

I will phone each of you and speak with you, answer your questions. 

Mistermister is first.

IMBurnen is second.

Vivien is Third.

Just check in with me to let me know if you are interested  (or not).

If you send me your first name and phone number, then I will go to his hang out spots at the time of day he wanders there, sit with him while I make a phone call!  

I will say he is so smart.  He has come up with a system for his survival... From dining at the butcher when they are about closing, to making his way to the waterfront where he must be eating the fish.   Let's get this affectionate guy squared away and safe as someones companion.  I will check back for my PMs!

Yes, let's get this dog in the OP a home. All dogs need a forever home, but the dogs already in shelters have food, protection and love.  This fellow is on the street and anything could and does, happen. Please, let's hear some good news!

Let's see if we can get him off the street before the rainy season.  I felt so bad knowing he was out there during that last hard rain storm.

Please PM me with name and phone number.  

What has happened to this lovely dog?  Has anyone adopted him? 

I have a dog already and am currently not in Mexico..I dont understand why someone would not take him to Lucky Dog or similar where at least he will be housed and cared for rather than wandering the streets where anything can happen...

7 hours ago, SmartTraveller said:

What has happened to this lovely dog?  Has anyone adopted him? 

I have a dog already and am currently not in Mexico..I dont understand why someone would not take him to Lucky Dog or similar where at least he will be housed and cared for rather than wandering the streets where anything can happen...

Probably because the shelters are full and try to place emphasis on dogs in crisis since we have so little space. Street dogs who are thriving or getting by are way lower on the list.

Archived