Chapala.com Webboard

Hail in west Ajijic

Kyle

In upper Ajijic I got hail, thought that the skylights would break then the sky's opened up and it poured. Ten minutes in my auto garage doors started opening and closing on their own. Then stopped in a semi open position. Could not manually close them. A few minutes later they started up again. I managed to find the electric plug in the dark and yanked it out, fortunately the doors were in a closed position then. Freaky!

Huge hail in west Ajijic near Oxxo/Pemex. I, too, was afraid the sky lights would break. Been here almost 10 years and never experienced such heavy hail before. Electricity went off, came on again a little while ago. And the internet is working! Wondering how other areas have fared.

Judging from our pool, at least 2 inches of rain here.  Heard a little hail but nothing too bad.

Storm came out of the northwest.  Lots of Pacific moisture over Mexico, very unusual.  I'm standing by my prediction the rainy season will be late and lighter than usual due to El Niño.  But the rain sure was nice, washed away the dust and heavenly cool this morning!

A very long skylight (3' x4') over the sunroom blew off and I have an indoor wading pool. I am so not amused.

It was just by luck that I even happened to be here last night since all my furniture got moved to my new house yesterday. However I did have some stuff that I removed from the desk on a table out there...the ONLY piece of furniture out there and it's SOAKED. It could have been worse to clean up if two doggy beds hadn't sucked up most of the water.

No electricity. I need a COFFFFEEEEE!

RdO had massive hail, it covered my back garden to a depth of about 4-5cm in grains about 1-2cm (I didn't wander out to check it-ouch). It quickly turned to rain and did not last on the ground more than 5 minutes. We had massive hail storms like this around the last El Nino year in 1997. I know we are on the tail of of it but the effects seem to remain. The society garlic was torn to shreds this morning, quite an odour to wake up to....

All our beautiful flowers are gone and leaves shredded.  Our rain gauge showed 2.1" of rain.  Thank goodness the gardener comes today because everything is a mess.  We are in West Ajijic and the hail was terrific. 

Archived