Chapala.com Webboard

Favorite shoes on cobblestones

Not that anyone seems to care, but IMHO, CROCS are a visual blight.   Besides, when I tried them on, they felt like they'd get hot and sticky.  Just one biased opinion, of course.  I like San Miguel shoes for the cobbles and they stretch in the heat.

On cobblestones, the ankle support is less important (make that, very dependent) than the "grab" of the outsole. If the shoe does well, then there is less sliding off the cobbles and less ankle-twisting. If the shoe does poorly, then yes, ankle support can be very important.

4 hours ago, gringal said:
4 hours ago, gringal said:

Not that anyone seems to care, but IMHO, CROCS are a visual blight.   Besides, when I tried them on, they felt like they'd get hot and sticky.  Just one biased opinion, of course.  I like San Miguel shoes for the cobbles and they stretch in the heat.

Saw a great cartoon once. Woman is sitting on the edge of the doctor's examining table. Doctor is standing in front of her with a shoe box in his hand. Side of the shoe box says Birkenstocks. Doctor says, "Sorry, I'm all out of birth control pills, but here, try these".

21 hours ago, gringal said:

Civiized people use crocs with socks Gringal.    :-)   :-)  :-)    Joking aside cotton socks do fix that problem. You are correct without socks.   What are San Miguel shoes???

16 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Berkieinstock joke  reference on being ugly.......

Never could get my wife into berkies but did get her into Keens which she now had six pairs.   Ah nothing like marrying a Nordstroms girl from the bay area.   :-)  

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, ned small said:

Shoes that fit with tread on the sole. and if you're a woman take walking lessons from a Mexican. They seem to have no trouble on the highest of heels even after a few pops.

At this point in life, those heels would be suicidal.  Better to just get some solid flats.:rolleyes:

When I see a group of women in stilettos, I want to hip check the outsider and then watch the domino effect. I wonder if there is a competition to see who can teeter the best and not break an ankle or a heel.

16 minutes ago, WideSky said:

. I wonder if there is a competition to see who can teeter the best and not break an ankle or a heel.

In Guadalajara there is an annual charity race event featuring women in high heels running 100 meters,fun to watch!

I've got to say Keens are the best shoes for all conditions on the cobblestones. I've got six different pairs and all with great rigidity in the sole, so your foot doesn't wrap around a cobble, plus they would get sucked off my foot when crossing the street with 4" of rain flowing by. Wet or dry, Keens are the best.

Archived