Chapala.com Webboard

Favorite shoes on cobblestones

Yep, since I bought a pair of Skecher walkers and a pair of Skecher runners, both with memory foam "gogamat" insoles, cobblestones are suddenly of almost no concern. They are unbelievable.

https://sasshoes.com/men/men-footwear

I had worn out several pairs of expensive shoes walking almost daily on rough sidewalks and bought a pair of SAS shoes here at one of their stores [in Mexico]. They fit like a glove and give more support than cheaper shoes and are better made. I noticed when my other shoes got a couple of years old they didn´t support my feet as well anymore and my feet would get sore after a long walk. These have not had that problem and I have not had sore feet since buying them. To me, being double wide, the best pair of shoes I have ever worn.

For ladies Keens sandals are very popular, last well, and kinda look better than most sandals. Very good for cobbles and protecting toes. Lots of colors.  70 to 100 bucks.

Men can wear Pirma sandals from the Pirma stores. About 450P  Real rubber thick bottoms great for cobbles and leather tops with Velcro.  No style at all laugh out loud but very very sensable. Toes are open on these.

Crocks work well until they get smooth on the bottom than they can be very slippery on wet cobbles. My Pirma sandals last longer than crocks here if you walk much.

8 minutes ago, lcscats said:

For ladies Keens sandals are very popular, last well, and kinda look better than most sandals. Very good for cobbles and protecting toes. Lots of colors.  70 to 100 bucks.

Men can wear Pirma sandals from the Pirma stores. About 450P  Real rubber thick bottoms great for cobbles and leather tops with Velcro.  No style at all laugh out loud but very very sensable. Toes are open on these.

Crocks work well until they get smooth on the bottom than they can be very slippery on wet cobbles. My Pirma sandals last longer than crocks here if you walk much.

Pirma sandals in larger sizes cost substantially more: about 750 pesos at size 12 last time.  Esposo lives in them.

33 minutes ago, lcscats said:

I had that problem until I got these: http://www.amazon.com/crocs-Off-Road-Clog-Black/dp/B0014C77QS/ref=sr_1_62?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1463058100&sr=1-62&nodeID=679255011&keywords=crocs

7 hours ago, gringal said:

Pirma sandals in larger sizes cost substantially more: about 750 pesos at size 12 last time.  Esposo lives in them.

Hmmm just paid for size 9 450P at Pirma store in Shoe Mall on the way back from Joco to Meteos  Costco/Mega. Noticed not more than six pairs in stock. Lets hope they are not going away. Pirma also has a store in Guad. 

Alanmexicali, I'm super happy SAS (San Antonio Shoes) has an outlet, not to mention more than one, here.  Please tell me where!   Most people who spend all day on hard floors know of them, few others in the loop.  I've always bought them in Houston, there's an outlet close to the astrodome.

1 hour ago, El Cartero said:

Alanmexicali, I'm super happy SAS (San Antonio Shoes) has an outlet, not to mention more than one, here.  Please tell me where!   Most people who spend all day on hard floors know of them, few others in the loop.  I've always bought them in Houston, there's an outlet close to the astrodome.

http://www.sasmexico.mx/sucursales.php

36 minutes ago, Lulugirl said:

There's one in a strip mall immediately east of the Costco by Galerias Mall where there's a Sirloin Stockade.  I've worn SAS for years and they have narrow sizes as well as really wide sizes.

To bad I didn´t know about them until a couple of years ago. My double wide feet made me buy expensive shoes because they made double wide. Other well know makes did not make them. They were never as well designed or well made and comfortable as these ones are.

On 5/12/2016 at 7:03 AM, sue said:

Skechers and Crocs  both excellent on the cobblestones Both can be thrown in the washing machine 

I agree and they have nicer styles now and just as good on cobblestones

20 hours ago, john everett said:

My trick is shoes two sizes two big, with double insoles. I get some serious spread across the stones, real clodhoppers.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/corns-and-calluses/basics/causes/con-20014462

"Causes By Mayo Clinic Staff

Pressure and friction from repetitive actions cause corns and calluses to develop and grow. Some sources of this pressure and friction include:

• Wearing ill-fitting shoes. Tight shoes and high heels can compress areas of your foot. When footwear is too loose, your foot may repeatedly slide and rub against the shoe. Your foot may also rub against a seam or stitch inside the shoe."

My buddy always wore shoes 2 sizes larger, he said they were more confortalble, and paid for it when 35 with chronic calluses for the rest of his life.

I have a pr of flats with open design on them(not the usual looking Crocs)...Crocs of Mexico...one pair at home in Ontario and one in Ajijic...they are the ONLY shoes I wear daily.  

I have to remind myself to dress up with my other shoes!  

They are unbelievably comfy...to me....and supportive and light weight.  I had a bone spur in one heel a couple of years ago and after a steroid shot and wearing these shoes...nada problemo!!  I bought them at the Shoe Outlet before you get to Costco in GDL.  On sale....check it out!   Love them.............

crocs perfect fit
Crocs shoes should not fit like other shoes: They should fit very loosely. The sides of your foot should not really touch the sides of the shoe. Your toes should never make contact with the front of the shoe. Once you have centered your foot on the foot-bed: You should have about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch of space in front of your toes, behind your heel and when you lift the strap you should be able to comfortably get your finger between the strap and heel. In other words the fit should be "loose". I know that this goes against everything that you have ever been used to in a shoe, but these are the parameters that the shoe was designed to be worn under. No Pressure points Ever! When you receive your Crocs and try them on for the first time follow these steps for a great fit. To insure that the strap is not pulling your foot into the front of the shoe, rotate the strap forward and determine if your foot rests comfortably in the foot bed and there is room all around your foot. If so, you have the proper size but the strap is too short. To alleviate this issue, work your fingers around the strap and stretch it as you go around being careful not to put excessive pressure on the rivet hole. Stretch the strap until it is just short of the back edge of the shoe. The resin material has memory and will stay at the proper length after one or two of these types of adjustments. Remember, the body heat from your foot will further soften the shoe and mold itself to your foot for even more comfort.

Archived