Chapala.com Webboard

Earth tremor/earthquake

Glyn

Yes, felt it. Patio couch and coffee table swayed for 5-6 seconds, dogs barked. I'm above the carretera mid Ajijic. Have felt it before, 5 years ago too. Big waves in the pool.

Nope!  Living in Los Sabinos.....didn't feel a thing, and the none of the local dogs were barking!  I remember the effect from the earthquake 2 years ago.  I was staying in a casita on 16 de Septiembre, and the pool water was washing up over the sides of the pool for over half an hour!  The owner of the house and myself were quite fascinated watching it!

Haha! Well this was our first quake experience, so it made an impression. Definitely not bad, but we can tell our family back home we felt it. :) 

Funny you should mention telling family back home. I was actually on the phone with my daughter in Toronto when it happened, she was more excited than me. Talk about real time news.

1 hour ago, bournemouth said:

Where was the 7.9 you experienced?

This is the one that I experienced when I was staying in Ajijic village.  They originally categorized it at 7.9, obviously they reduced it somewhat later, but when you increase the Richter scale amount that much, it's still 1000 times stronger than the one that people are talking about that happened today!.....http://www.inquisitr.com/1216893/mexico-earthquake-2014-7-5-shaker-rocks-mexican-capital-no-damage-reports-in/

Archived